ANAHEIM, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ZyXEL Communications, a leading provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access and connected home products, today announced the launch of its high-performance ZyXEL XGS2210 Series Layer 2 Gigabit Access Switches designed to support the bandwidth-intensive requirements of converged data, video and voice networking applications.
The fully managed, enterprise-class XGS2210 Series Gigabit switches, which are available in 24- and 48-port PoE and non-PoE models with 10 Gigabit SFP+ uplink options, provide the performance and bandwidth required to provide full-speed connectivity to the network backbone for wireless 802.11ac access points that transfer data at Gigabit speeds. Businesses that require higher backbone speeds to run virtualized servers and applications on their networks can terminate their 10G fiber Internet services to the XGS2210 Series switches.
The robust XGS2210 Series Layer 2 switches provide rich traffic shaping, network isolation and security features to maximize the performance of applications such as VoIP, video conferencing, IPTV, and IP surveillance deployments. The switches provide full IPv6 support and offer users future-proof connectivity for evolving networks with features that include auto-configuration, dual-stack (IPv4 and IPv6), duplicate address prevention, and neighbor discovery.
The new family of XGS2210 Series switches includes:
- XGS2210-28 24-Port GbE L2 Switch with 4-Port 10GbE SFP+ Uplinks (MSRP $745);
- XGS2210-52 48-Port GbE L2 Switch with 4-Port 10GbE SFP+ Uplinks (MSRP $915);
- XGS2210-28HP 24-Port GbE L2 PoE Switch with 4-Port 10GbE SFP+ Uplinks (MSRP $915);
- XGS2210-52HP 48-Port GbE L2 PoE Switch with 4-Port 10GbE SFP+ Uplinks (MSRP $1,335).
“The deployment of IP-based technologies to support applications like video conferencing, voice-over-IP and IP surveillance can reduce a business’ operating expenses, enhance security, and improve productivity. However, without an advanced network infrastructure that is designed to manage converged networking applications such as these, these applications can actually hinder the organization’s operations,” explained Tri Nguyen, Market Development Manager at ZyXEL. “Our new XGS2210 series switches are powerful, affordable solutions that optimize the performance of converged networking applications, operating behind the scenes to ensure that these bandwidth-intensive applications operate exactly as they were designed to.”
Key Features of the ZyXEL XGS2210 Series Managed Gigabit Access Switches:
- Traffic Control for Converged Networking Applications – L2 multicast and IGMP snooping to support large IPTV deployments, Multicast VLAN Registration (MVR), VoIP OUI to detect compliant IP phones, voice VLAN.
- Intelligent and High-Powered Power-over-Ethernet – XGS2210-28HP and XGS2210-52HP support 802.3af PoE and 802.3at PoE Plus provide high power budget of 375 watts and provide up to 30 watts of power per port. Automatic detection of power requirements for each connected PoE device to minimize overall power consumption and maximize the number of devices the switch can support.
- Network and Access Security – IP source guard, DHCP snooping, and ARP inspection to detect and block intentional network attacks. CPU protection function prevents malicious traffic from shutting down the switch. MAC freeze, port isolation and guest VLAN provide security, flexibility and control.
- ZyXEL One Network Experience – Simplified configuration, management and troubleshooting using ZyXEL One Network Utility for easy set-up and ZyXEL Smart Connect to facilitate network maintenance via one-click remote functions.
The ZyXEL XGS2210 Series Switches are covered by a limited lifetime warranty and are available now through all ZyXEL authorized resellers and e-commerce partners. For more information on ZyXEL and its families of connectivity solutions for homes and businesses, visit www.zyxel.com/us and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
ZyXEL, a pioneer in IP technology for over two decades and trusted brand for over 25 years, provides a complete portfolio of multi-service LTE, fiber and DSL broadband gateways, home connectivity solutions, smart home devices and enterprise-class Ethernet switches, security and Wi-Fi equipment for small to mid-size businesses. ZyXEL offers integrated, interoperable network solutions based on open standards. Headquartered in Anaheim, California, ZyXEL offers its partners service-rich solutions backed by a domestic team of logistic, sales, and technical support professionals.