ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sling TV expanded its service offerings with the addition of 12 Viacom networks, including Comedy Central, Nick Jr., BET, NickToons, TeenNick, MTV, Spike, MTV2, Logo, CMT, TV Land and VH1. Sling TV also introduced its new “Comedy Plus Extra” and rebranded its “Lifestyle Extra” as “Lifestyle Plus Extra,” each priced at $5 per month.
“The Viacom channels are a great addition to Sling TV, offering a variety of content that appeals to many audiences,” said Roger Lynch, CEO of Sling TV. “By delivering these channels to consumers in our core and ‘Extra’ packs, we are giving them the flexibility to personalize their Sling TV service to fit their needs.”
Single-stream service updates
Sling TV’s $20 per month Best of Live TV single-stream service now features Comedy Central as part of its core package. Other Viacom networks are available across Sling TV’s single-stream Extra packs, each $5 more per month:
- “Kids Extra” includes Nick Jr., NickToons, TeenNick, Disney Jr., Disney XD, Boomerang, Baby TV and Duck TV.
- “Comedy Plus Extra” debuts with MTV, Spike, MTV2, Logo, CMT, TV Land and truTV.
- “Lifestyle Plus Extra” (formerly Lifestyle Extra) includes VH1, BET, Cooking Channel, DIY, FYI, WE TV and Lifetime Movie Network.
- All other Extras for the single-stream service remain unchanged and are $5 per month with a Best of Live TV single-stream service subscription.
Beta multi-stream service updates
Sling TV’s Best of Live TV beta multi-stream service, offered at $20 per month, now includes Comedy Central, Nick Jr. and BET.
In addition, Sling TV is launching three new Extra packs for its multi-stream customers, each $5 more per month:
- “Kids Extra – Beta” includes NickToons, TeenNick, Boomerang, Baby TV and Duck TV.
- “Comedy Plus Extra – Beta” includes MTV, Spike, MTV2, Logo, CMT and TV Land.
- “Lifestyle Plus Extra – Beta” includes VH1, Cooking Channel, DIY, FYI, WE TV and Lifetime Movie Network.
- All other Extras for the beta multi-stream service remain unchanged and are $5 per month with a Best of Live TV beta multi-stream service subscription.
For a full list of Sling TV’s single-stream and beta multi-stream service channel lineups, including Extras, visit http://news.sling.com/document-library/sling-tv-beta-multi-stream-service-channels.
Additional Sling TV updates
Today Sling TV also introduced its new user interface (UI), debuting on Apple TV. For more details on the launch of Sling TV on Apple TV and the new UI, visit blog.sling.com.
About Sling TV
Sling TV L.L.C., a subsidiary of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), provides over-the-top television services, including domestic and international live and on-demand programming. It is available on televisions, tablets, computers, smartphones and other streaming devices. Sling TV offers two streaming services, which collectively include programming content from Disney/ESPN (single-stream service only), Fox (multi-stream service only), NBC (multi-stream service only), HBO®, AMC, A&E, Turner, Scripps, Viacom, EPIX and Univision. Additionally, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and add-on Spanish-language programming packages tailored to English-dominant, bilingual and Spanish-dominant U.S. households. Sling International currently provides more than 250 channels in 20 languages across multiple devices to U.S. households. Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com.
Follow @Sling on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/Sling #TakeBackTV