TAMPA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Amscot Financial, a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, recently awarded mini-grants of $250 to $1,000 in support of 8 different non-profit service organizations located in the Florida communities where the company serves several million consumers.
"We want to make a positive impact on the communities we serve and partnering with key organizations helps us to achieve that," says Ian MacKechnie, Founder and CEO of Amscot Financial.
Mini-grants went to the following organizations:
- Bacon Builders 4-H FIRST LEGO League Robotics Team, Orlando. Their team of 9-14 year olds became the Central Florida Champions this year, while competing against teams from 8 counties. They represented Florida at the Razorback International Invitational in May and have demoed robots at 12 locations this year, including the Orlando MakerFaire, Lockheed Martin E-Week, NASA Robotic Mining Competition, CSC Conference, Casselberry Family Fun Day, Star Wars Reads Day at the Winter Park Library, the Orlando Regional FRC Tournament, and more. For more information, please visit: www.explodingbacon.com
- Conductive Education Center of Orlando, Winter Park. CECO provides students ages 2 – 18 with motor disabilities an opportunity to experience a Summer Camp that is an intensive Conductive Education Program that allows them to focus on increasing physical and social independence. For more information, please visit: www.ceco.org
- Dressing Angels, Inc., Wesley Chapel. Dressing Angels provides gently used clothing, shoes and care packages (tooth brush, tooth paste, soap, deodorant, baby wipes) to mentally ill, homeless, struggling veterans in mental hospitals and mental group homes in Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, & Hernando Counties. For more information, please visit: www.dressingangels.org
- The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation, Tampa. The Heroes Tribute Scholarships are awarded to children of Marines and Navy Corpsmen who are killed in training or combat during the War on Terrorism and children of Marines who have been severely wounded in combat, up to $10,000/year over four years. Needs-Based Scholarships are also offered to every child of anyone who has honorably served in the Marine Corps and meet the age and maximum family income requirement, from $2,000 to $10,000 per year for up to four years. For more information, please visit: www.mcsf.org
- Morean Arts Center, St. Petersburg. The Morean Center for Clay has expanded its usable space and has designated classrooms for pre-school programs. This summer they are offering a half day pre-school clay class scholarships and art supplies for low to moderate income families. Youth will benefit from fun art-making activities while they learn collaboration, teamwork and compromise. For more information, please visit: www.moreanartscenter.org
- Monseñor Felipe Bello Foundation, Miami. Their mission is to raise funds to be able to offer charitable dental services to both children and adults with no economic resources in Florida. For more information, please visit: www.padrebello.org
- Somebody Cares Tampa Bay, Clearwater. They provide outreach support to Tampa Bay Ministries who assist poverty-stricken families and the working poor. SCTB works in concert with local ministries to provide the basic necessities of life and to educate and develop healthy self-sustaining communities, families and individuals. For more information, please visit: www.sctb.org
- United Cerebral Palsy of South Florida, Hialeah. They serve more than 1,800 infants and children with developmental disabilities at over 60 locations in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach & Mid-Coast Counties. UCP’s programs and services are designed to meet the special needs of each individual and family served, with a common goal: to enable people with disabilities to reach their greatest potential, and achieve rewarding and productive lives as fully participating members of their communities. For more information, please visit: www.ucpsouthflorida.org
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., Amscot Financial is a leading provider of convenient, consumer-oriented financial services, including cash advances, check cashing, bill payment, money transfers, prepaid access cards and money orders. Amscot Financial currently operates 239 retail financial service centers throughout Florida and employs close to 2,000 associates. Amscot Financial has been recognized by the Tampa Bay Business Journal as one of Tampa Bay’s Best Places to Work for five years (2008-2012). For more information on Amscot’s products and services, community involvement, and career opportunities, please visit the company’s website at www.Amscot.com.