RIDGEFIELD PARK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd continued its expansion in the fitness wearable market today with the global unveiling of the Gear Fit2 and the Gear IconX. Each product is designed with consumers’ fitness needs in mind, and includes features such as precise tracking technology and a standalone music player to provide users with the optimal fitness experience.
The Gear Fit2 features an embedded GPS and a heart rate monitor (HRM) that offers accurate and robust fitness tracking and measurement, while providing instant feedback on the user's workout. The Gear IconX is a truly cord-free fitness earbuds product that can track fitness information and provide users with running feedback on their exercise performance. Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX are optimized to benefit users’ various fitness lifestyles, whether they are training for a marathon or taking a daily stroll through the neighborhood.**
“Living a healthy lifestyle is a top priority for consumers to enjoy fulfilling lives. Our wearable technology can enhance existing routines and blend fitness and fun. The Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX are specialized to easily address these needs, ultimately allowing users to get more out of their fitness experiences and everyday activities,” said Younghee Lee, Executive Vice President of Global Marketing, Mobile Communications Business at Samsung Electronics.
Gear Fit2: Advanced Features for Fitness
- An ergonomic, sleek, slim, and comfortable design for everyday use
- A Super AMOLED curved display with a high-resolution color touchscreen for users to easily monitor their fitness, or check and respond to text message notifications
- GPS and HRM functions to provide accurate data tracking of activities that fit any lifestyle
- With Auto tracking feature, users won’t have to manually activate the sports band - whether running, walking, cycling, or utilizing rowing or elliptical machines
- For a better understanding of their health, users can easily transfer their data between S Health and other select fitness applications
- A ‘Step Goal Challenge’ can be instantly shared with friends and family on Facebook for ongoing motivation
- The standalone music player enables users to actively workout with motivation without the need of a mobile device
- Integrated Spotify app lets you access millions of songs, so you’ll always have the perfect workout soundtrack
Gear IconX: A Simple and Wireless Experience
- Provides a lightweight, secure and comfortable fit with three different sizes of eartips and wingtips; and can be activated by simply placing the earbuds in the user’s ears
- Enables tracking of fitness data such as distance, speed, duration, heart rate and calories burned, and easily syncs with S Health
- Includes a Voice Guide feature that provides instant voice feedback on the user’s workout progress and provides a standalone music listening experience
- With Bluetooth capability and internal storage that allows users to store up to 1,000 MP3s, users can simply tap or swipe the earbuds to easily control the music
Preorders for the Gear Fit2 will begin June 3, 2016 at Amazon, Best Buy and BestBuy.com, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Macy’s, and Samsung.com. The Gear Fit2 will be available in-store and online at retailers and major wireless carriers starting June 10, 2016. Gear IconX will be available beginning in Q3 2016.
For more product information, please visit www.samsungmobilepress.com or news.samsung.com/galaxy. Additionally, to view the official launch films for Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX, please visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHK5SAHj1ZE and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qto3jm36Tw.
Samsung Gear Fit2 Specifications:
|Display||1.5”, Curved Super AMOLED 216 x 432|
|Chipset||Dual Core (1 GHz)|
|Memory||512 MB (RAM) / 4 GB Storage|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth® v 4.2|
|Sensor||Accelerometer, Gyro, HRM, Built-in GPS, Barometer|
|Dimension||24.5 (W) x 51.2 (D) mm|
|Compatibility||Android 4.4/ RAM 1.5 GB|
|Additional Features||Notifications (SNS, call, email, applications, schedule)|
|Black, blue and pink|
Small (Size of the wrist: 125 ~ 170mm)
Large (Size of the wrist: 155 ~ 210mm)
|IP68 certified (up to 30 minutes in up to 1.5m of water)|
|Standalone music player|
|Audio||Audio formats: MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, M4A, AMR, AWB, OGG, OGA, 3GA|
Samsung Gear IconX Specifications:
|Memory||4 GB / up to 1,000 songs|
|Connectivity||Bluetooth® v 4.1|
|Sensor||Accelerometer, HR, Capacitive Touch|
|Dimension||Earbud: 18.9 (W) x 26.0 (D) / Case: 92.0 (W) x 35.3 (D)|
|Weight||Earbud: 6.3g per earbud / Case: 52g|
|Battery||Earbud: 47mAh / Charging Case: 315mAH|
|Compatibility||Android 4.4/ RAM 1.5 GB|
|Microphone||2ea per earbud|
|Additional Features||Black, blue and white|
|Splash resistant (P2i Nano Coating)|
|Standalone music player|
|Voice guide (available in 15 languages)|
|Audio||Audio formats: MP3, WMA v9, WAV, AAC, M4A|
*All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
**The information gathered from this device or its related software is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease. The accuracy of the information and data provided by this device and its related software, including heart rate readings, may be affected by factors such as environmental conditions, skin condition, specific activity performed while wearing the device, settings of the device, user configuration/user provided information, placement of the sensor on the wrist, and other end-user interactions. Please refer to the user manual for more information on proper wear and use, or see www.samsung.com/us/heartratesensor.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. For the latest news, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at news.samsung.com.
About Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, NJ, Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), is a recognized innovation leader in consumer electronics design and technology. A wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., SEA delivers a broad range of digital consumer electronics, IT and home appliance products. Samsung is the market leader for HDTVs in the U.S. and America’s fastest growing home appliance brands. To discover more of the award-winning products you love with Samsung, please visit www.samsung.com and for the latest Samsung news, please visit news.samsung.com/us and follow on Twitter @SamsungNewsUS.