SAN DIMAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TP-LINK®, a leading global provider of consumer and business networking products, today announced the availability of Talon AD7200, the world’s fastest router with the latest, most powerful wireless technology available, 802.11ad. Talon AD7200 routers run a new 60GHz band that reaches speeds significantly faster than Gigabit Ethernet*. Users can now download 100 photos in less than a second, an HD movie in less than 40 seconds and a full 4K movie in less than eight minutes—all over an interference-free home wireless network. The Talon AD7200 is currently available at Newegg.com, Fry’s Electronics and Micro Center retail stores.
“With the Talon AD7200, we’ve bringing consumers the fastest Wi-Fi ever made,” said Lewis Wu, executive vice president of TP-LINK USA. “We’re excited to see the response from our customers when they are able to stream and download 4K movies in the blink of an eye, or transfer huge files and photos in seconds. It’s a completely different experience than most of us are used to from our network, and we’re excited to deliver this innovative technology to the world for the very first time.”
“802.11ad technology powers a brand new class of experiences in the connected home, including lag-free wireless docking, multiple 4K video streams, and instantaneous content sharing, gaming and downloading,” said Chris Taylor, director of RF and wireless components, Strategy Analytics. “We expect that Wireless AD technology will continue to gain traction with consumers who need high-bandwidth interoperability in high-density environments.”
Multi-Band & Leading Antenna Design for Whole-Home Coverage
As the number of Wi-Fi devices in the home steadily rises, consumers will require faster, most reliable Wi-Fi to manage the high bandwidth across their home network. The Talon AD7200 runs multiple bands at an unprecedented 7.2Gbps** to provide complete coverage for all your devices.
The new 60GHz (4600Mbps) band is a perfect single-room Wi-Fi solution that supports more simultaneous connections without interference. On top of 60GHz, the router’s 5GHz (1733Mbps) and 2.4GHz (800Mbps) bands cover the rest of your home in powerful AC2600 Wi-Fi.
The Talon AD7200 uses eight high-gain antennas—seven external, one internal—as well as an external 60GHz antenna array to create strong Wi-Fi connections across your home. Beamforming helps the router locate Wi-Fi devices and focus its wireless signal in their direction.
Reliable Connections & Better Performance
The 60GHz band uses beam-steering technology to detect objects and direct the Talon AD7200’s Wi-Fi along the clearest path to devices. If there’s something between the router and a wireless device, like a chair or couch, beam-steering sends Wi-Fi around it for a stronger connection.
MU-MIMO allows the Talon AD7200 to simultaneously communicate with multiple devices on its 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, reducing wait times and speeding up connections. With MU-MIMO, more users can be online at once without affecting the router’s performance.
Faster Speeds & A More Powerful Network
A 1.4GHz dual-core processor balances the demands of your devices to keep their connections fast and uninterrupted. Four-Stream creates faster Wi-Fi connections by adding an extra data stream to both the Talon AD7200’s 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands. The four total streams per band greatly increases Wi-Fi speed, letting you enjoy intensive activities, like gaming or watching movies in 4K, without lag.
Now, you can game online, stream movies, download files and share media while the powerful dual-core processor seamlessly manages each Wi-Fi band, every connection and all of the router’s hardware and software.
- Wireless AD: Supports 802.11ad, the latest breakthrough in wireless technology, for Wi-Fi speeds faster than Gigabit Ethernet
- AD7200 Multi-Band: Runs three separate Wi-Fi bands, 60GHz (4600Mbps), 5GHz (1733Mbps), and 2.4GHz (800Mbps)
- Leading-edge antenna design: Creates superior Wi-Fi coverage with eight external antennas, beamforming, and beam-steering
- Future-proof your network: Works with all existing Wi-Fi devices and all future Wireless AD devices
- MU-MIMO: Communicates with several devices at once to reduce wait times and speed up connections
- 4-Stream: Increases overall wireless speeds by adding an extra data stream to the 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi bands
- 1.4GHz dual-core processor: Handles multiple connections at the same time to keep your network running at peak performance
- Gigabit Ethernet: Create fast, reliable wired connections with four Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Dual USB 3.0 ports: Transfers files, music, movies, and photos on attached drives across your network at incredible speed
- VPN: Securely access files on devices connected through USB and Wi-Fi from anywhere
- Guest Network: Provides visitors with Wi-Fi access separate from your main network
- Parental Controls: Manage when and how connected devices can access the Internet
- Tether: Makes it easy to manage your Wi-Fi settings anywhere with the free TP-LINK Tether app (Android, iOS)
Warranty and Support
Our team is available 24/7 for toll-free, unlimited technical support by phone (1-866-225-8139) and email (firstname.lastname@example.org), including setup, no matter when you purchased the product. Plus, our two-year warranty delivers worry-free service.
Price and Availability
The Talon AD7200 Multi-band Wi-Fi Router with a MSRP of $349.99 USD is available exclusively online at NewEgg.com and exclusively in-store at Fry’s and Microcenter retail locations.
TP-LINK is a global innovator and provider of consumer and SMB networking products and the world's No.1 provider of WLAN and broadband CPE devices***, with products available in over 120 countries to tens of millions of customers. Committed to intensive R&D, efficient production and strict quality management, TP-LINK continues to provide award-winning networking products in wireless routers, cable/DSL gateways, powerline adapters, range extenders, cloud cameras, smart home and accessories for global end-users.
* When compared to the theoretical maximum physical rate of AC1750 class products designed according to the IEEE 802.11n 2.4GHz and 802.11ac 5GHz wireless specifications.
**Maximum wireless transmission rates are the physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Range and coverage claims are based upon test results under normal usage conditions. Actual wireless transmission rate and wireless coverage are not guaranteed, and will vary as a result of 1) environmental factors, including building materials, physical objects and obstacles, 2) network conditions, including local interference, volume and density of traffic, product location, network complexity, and network overhead and 3) client limitations, including rated performance, location, connection quality, and client condition.
***According to latest published IDC Worldwide Quarterly WLAN Tracker Report, Q4 2015 Final Release.
For further information visit www.tp-link.us, follow TP-LINK on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TPLINKNA, Twitter at www.twitter.com/TPLINKNA, YouTube at www.youtube.com/tplinktech or the TP-LINK Forum at http://forum.tp-link.com.
All information and pricing provided are subject to change without notice. TP-LINK is a registered trademark of TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd. All trade names are the property of their respective owners. Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput and wireless coverage will vary.