MIAMI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Audio.Ad, a Cisneros Interactive company specializing in digital audio advertising solutions for Latin America and the U.S. Hispanic market, together with OH! PANEL, carried out the study, “The State of Digital Audio in the U.S. Hispanic Market,” to analyze the digital audio consumption habits of Hispanics in the United States.
The principal findings are as follows:
- DIGITAL AUDIO CONSUMPTION – 81% of responders listen to digital audio via Internet radio, streaming websites or other online media.
- LISTENING TIME – 50% of Hispanic listeners spent 2-3 hours on Internet radio each day. The weekly average of online radio listening time is 9 hours in the U.S. Hispanic market.
- WHEN DO HISPANICS LISTEN TO DIGITAL AUDIO? – 38% of consumers who listen to digital audio do so in the afternoon or at night, and 66% of the Hispanic consumers who listen to Internet radio do so while at work or whilst surfing the web.
- CONTENT GOES VIRAL – 27% of responders who listen to Internet radio share content and participate in social media while they listen.
- PREFERRED DEVICE FOR LISTENING TO INTERNET RADIO – Faced with a multiple choice question, 50% answered that they listen to online radio using desktop computers, 46% via smartphones, and 27% via tablets.
- DIGITAL RADIO CONSUMPTION ACCORDING TO AGE – The 18-34 age group (39%) is the segment with the highest consumption of Internet radio, followed by the 35-44 age group (32%). Those above the age of 45 years represent 29% of online radio listeners.
- PREFERRED DIGITAL AUDIO CONTENT – 65% of responders listen to music, 38% listen to news and 19% choose general interest programs.
- ONLINE STREAMING WEBSITES – 3 of every 10 responders consume audio via online streaming websites. Among these websites, top Hispanic choices are Pandora (33%), Spotify (15%), and bandcamp (15%).
- ADVERTISING AND RADIO – 69% of responders have purchased at least one product advertised on the radio in the last year, while 44% report they purchase 2-5 advertised products a year. Only 20% of responders think the amount of advertising on Internet radio is excessive.
- 5 TOP PRODUCTS/SERVICES THAT ARE MOST INTERESTING FOR DIGITAL RADIO CONSUMERS – Travel bookings (buses, flights, etc.) come in first place with 42%, followed by household items (furniture, accessories) with 39%, technology (TV, tablets, laptops, PC, cameras) with 35%, entertainment tickets (concerts, cinema, theater) with 33%, and apparel with 31%. Responders could select multiple options for this question.
“The State of Digital Audio in the U.S. Hispanic Market 2016” is based on an Internet survey carried out by Audio.Ad and OH! PANEL, encompassing 1,000 responders in the continental United States. It’s available for download at http://blog.audio.ad/2016/04/the-state-of-digital-audio-in-the-us-hispanic-market-is-here/