OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In this A.M.BestTV episode, a panel of investment professionals explores opportunities for growth that are available to today’s insurance investment managers. Click on http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=riskassets516 to view the entire program.
Noted in the episode is how insurers are changing the composition of their risk assets, with half of North American insurers planning to reduce their exposure to equities in the coming year. However, as David Lomas, managing director, BlackRock Financial Institution said, there are challenges imposed by the increase in contributions to risks as well as uncertainties.
“Insurers are increasing their risk exposure,” said Lomas. “BlackRock recently surveyed 248 insurance companies, and the big concerns for insurance companies are the returns in traditional asset classes and the low yield environment. With this in mind, insurance companies will be taking more investment risks to achieve the returns that are required.”
Other people who appear in this episode include:
- Holly Framsted, smart beta investment strategist, BlackRock.
Go to http://www.ambest.com and look under the Conferences & Events tab to see the full webinar, titled, “Risk Reduction Investment Strategies for Today’s Insurance Portfolios.”
Recent episodes of A.M.BestTV include:
- Aspen's Kania: Price Volatility Brings New Risks, Change to Energy Market: Tim Kania, global head of onshore energy & construction, Aspen Insurance, said lower oil prices bring risks that energy providers may be weaker financially and less attentive to maintenance:
- Pandemics’ Impact Reaches Beyond Health: Recently, insurers said that the outbreak of Zika, SARS, MES and Legionnaires diseases are affecting business operations, as well as generating surprising impacts and increased costs: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=pandemic416.
- Inland Marine Targets Emerging Risks But Vexing Old Risks Remain: Kevin O’Brien, president and chief executive officer, Inland Marine Underwriters Association, states that members are responding to new risks and data brought by the Internet of Things, telematics and more. Meanwhile, traditional risks such as cargo theft remain a challenge to insurers: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=kobrien416.
- Technology and Drones Remaking Sectors: Insurers and claims providers at the Property & Liability Resource Bureau’s Claims Conference & Insurance Services Expo said companies are responding with more sophisticated technology, new ways to report and survey damage and new ways to manage claims across jurisdictions: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=plrb416.
A.M.BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View A.M.BestTV episodes at http://www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2016 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. and/or its affiliates. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.