CHEVY CHASE, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Billington CyberSecurity, an independent conference company focused exclusively on cybersecurity seminars, announces the first global summit that brings together the most senior government and industry experts to examine cybersecurity in the automotive industry.
The summit will be held in Detroit, Michigan, on July 22, 2016.
“With an expected 75% of new cars equipped with online capabilities by 2020, this summit comes at a crucial time,” said Thomas K. Billington, Chairman and Founder of Billington CyberSecurity and the conference host, which also produces the leading Fall summit on cybersecurity in the Nation’s Capital. “We are honored to help advance this important dialogue between senior government and industry automotive leaders.”
The centerpiece of this day-long summit will be the keynote addresses by U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx, the country’s top transportation official, and GM Chairman and CEO Mary Barra, the chief of the country’s largest automaker.
The automotive sector is taking steps to bolster cybersecurity awareness and knowledge. Last year the industry created the Automotive Information Sharing and Analysis Center (“Auto-ISAC,”) to enhance information sharing in the auto sector. In addition, companies are forming “coordinated disclosure programs” which allow security researchers to share cyber threats with the OEMS (Original Equipment Manufacturers).
To alert the driving public, the FBI and NHTSA recently released a Public Service Announcement to raise awareness of potential issues and cybersecurity threats related to connected vehicle technologies in modern vehicles.
Representatives from the entire industry will provide a candid overview of the following topics:
- Proactive best practices to enhancing automotive cybersecurity
- Autonomous vehicle cybersecurity
- New paradigms in information sharing
- Cybersecurity partnerships among vehicle manufacturers, suppliers, security researchers, academia and technology companies
- Ensuring privacy while enhancing cybersecurity
- The impact of ride sharing on cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity and the Internet of Things
- What roles will DOT, NHTSA, the FBI, the U.S. Senate and the FTC play?
- Securing the vehicle supply chain and much more in this rapidly changing landscape
Equally important, top thought leaders will convene to advance the conversation, forge partnerships, and share best practices in automotive cybersecurity. Attendees will receive key insights from Federal decision-makers and discuss new strategies in the face of unprecedented disruptions.
Speakers Confirmed Include:
- Jonathan Allen, Acting Executive Director, Auto-ISAC and Principal, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Bently Au, Chief Information Security Officer, Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.
- Mary Barra, Chairman and CEO, General Motors Company (keynote)
- The Honorable John P. Carlin, Assistant Attorney General for National Security, U.S. Department of Justice (invited)
- Steven Center, VP, Environmental Business Development Office, American Honda Motor Company, Inc.
- The Honorable Anthony Foxx, Secretary, U.S. Department of Transportation (keynote)
- Logan Green, Co-Founder and CEO, Lyft
- David Johnson, Associate Executive Assistant Director, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Jeffrey Massimilla, Chief Product Cybersecurity Officer, General Motors Company
- Mike McConnell, Senior Executive Advisor, Booz Allen Hamilton (Former Director of the NSA and Director of National Intelligence)
- Terrell McSweeny, Commissioner, Federal Trade Commission
- The Honorable Gary C. Peters, U.S. Senate
- Raj Rajkumar, George Westinghouse Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University
- Mark Reuss, Executive Vice President, Global Product Development, Purchasing and Supply Chain, General Motors Company
- The Honorable Dr. Mark Rosekind, Administrator, NHTSA, U.S. Department of Transportation
Find out more about the Billington Global Automotive Cybersecurity Summit here.
Billington CyberSecurity, founded in 2010, is an independent media company that produces high-level executive conferences and seminars about cybersecurity. Upcoming events include The 7th Annual Billington CyberSecurity Summit. www.billingtoncybersecurity.com
At the July 22 summit, the Premier Sponsor is General Motors Company, the Exclusive Diamond Sponsor is Booz Allen Hamilton, and the Association sponsor is the Auto Alliance.
TO SPONSOR: Email Peggy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-641-4150. For more information, go to http://www.billingtoncybersecurity.com/global-automotive-cybersecurity-summit/.