SINGAPORE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Quintiles last night was named the “Best CRO in Asia” at the 2016 BioPharma Asia Industry Awards, winning the honor for the fourth time in the event’s six-year history. The award goes to the contract research organization that best demonstrates an ongoing commitment to improving clinical research services in Asia and reducing lead times for customers.
“More than 1,000 votes were cast in the Best CRO category, and Quintiles was the overwhelming favorite,” said Sharon Roessen, managing director of Terrapinn Pte Ltd, organizer of BioPharma Asia Convention 2016. “In addition to reducing lead times and advancing clinical research, Quintiles was chosen for its ability to deliver end-to-end solutions for customers and its outstanding thought leadership. Quintiles has clearly elevated clinical research standards in Asia-Pacific.”
Accepting the award was Dr. Ken Lee, Quintiles chief medical officer, Asia-Pacific, who said: “I accept this award on behalf of our 12,000-plus Quintiles professionals across Asia-Pacific who work tirelessly to speed the development of new and better medicines. We’re driven by our desire to help our customers improve their probability of success. We never lose sight of the patient – their lives depend on us.”
Over the past 18 months, Quintiles has continued to enhance its integrated services in the region:
- Launched a custom-tailored solution set for Asia-Pacific emerging biopharma companies.
- Released “Investigator Initiated Clinical Trials Made Easy,” a handbook to foster the growth of such trials in Asia-Pacific, which play a vital role in improving and expanding patient care.
- Expanded its dedicated unit offering medical devices and diagnostics trials in the region, including release of a white paper about “Balancing risk and reward” in the MD&D market here.
- Opened a new Greater China Regional Headquarters in Shanghai, enhancing its ability to help local companies expand and multinationals succeed in the world’s 2nd largest biopharma market.
- Became the first CRO in Japan to establish a regenerative medicine center of excellence (in the Kobe Biomedical Innovation Cluster) focused on designing regulatory pathways and the complex clinical studies for this new generation of therapies.
This week’s BioPharma Asia Convention featured two Quintiles’ experts: Dr. Charu Manaktala, Head of Clinical Strategy, Strategic Drug Development-Asia, who spoke on the “Biosimilars regulatory environment and key considerations for customers in Asia”; and Katherine Smith, Director, Early Clinical Development, Asia-Pacific, who hosted a roundtable discussion on “Key considerations for conducting ECD studies in Asia.”
Quintiles (NYSE: Q) helps biopharma and other healthcare companies improve their probability of success by connecting insights from our deep scientific, therapeutic and analytics expertise with superior delivery for better outcomes. From advisory through operations, Quintiles is the world’s largest provider of product development and integrated healthcare services, including commercial and observational solutions. Conducting operations in approximately 100 countries, Quintiles is a member of the Fortune 500 and has been named to Fortune’s list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.” To learn more, visit www.quintiles.com.
Click here to subscribe to Mobile Alerts for Quintiles.