SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Glow, a data science company focused on women’s reproductive health and education, announced today the launch of Glow Baby - the company’s fourth app, joining Eve by Glow, Glow, and Glow Nurture. Building off of industry-firsts, such as postpartum support and male fertility, the company’s newest app focuses on keeping baby happy and healthy and supporting parents with information on baby’s first year at their fingertips, real-time tracking and developmental milestones.
The company also announced a partnership with Baby 411 author and leading pediatrician, Dr. Ari Brown, who advised and helped create Glow Baby. Dr. Brown is contributing exclusive Baby 411 content to the app and will join Glow’s board of medical advisors. Dr. John Palma, pediatrician at Stanford, will also join the board.
“There are so many sources of information that it can be overwhelming for parents. As a pediatrician, I want parents to access accurate, useful advice that empowers them instead of causing undue anxiety. Glow Baby is the most comprehensive baby app I’ve seen and should be a must-have for all parents,” said Dr. Ari Brown, Baby 411 author and leading pediatrician. “No other app offers the personalized and medically-backed insights available in Glow Baby to put parents minds at ease through the crucial milestones and health concerns of the first year.”
Following in the footsteps of Eve, Glow, and Nurture, Glow Baby provides personalized, data-driven insights, real-time tracking and critical information for new parents. What sets Glow Baby apart from others are the following unique features:
Developmental Milestones: Glow Baby is the only app on the
market to track important developmental milestones in addition to the
day-to-day care of feedings, sleep, pees and poops. These
developmental elements are crucial to knowing whether or not your baby
is healthy and on track. As such, Glow Baby tracks 101 specific
developmental milestones - based on CDC and medical advisors input -
during that first year, which can prompt parents to bring potential
concerns to their child’s doctor. These milestones are broken down by
monthly time frames and can be saved with a date and photo. Examples
- Makes eye contact, smiles back at parents
- Lifts head without assistance
- Tries to engage and get attention
- Reaches and grabs with both hands
- Babbles, copies and imitates noises
- Moves things smoothly from one hand to the other
- Responds to own name
- Gets to sitting position without help
- Searches for things that you hide
- Uses simple gestures (like shakes head “no,” waves “bye bye”)
- Symptoms and Sickness Tracking: Between Glow’s personalized information, content from Baby 411, and the Community, you’ll always have the best resources about identifying your baby’s sickness and best next steps for diagnoses and care.
- Growth Charts: Track your baby’s growth (weight, length, head size, body mass index or weight-for-length) to ensure your baby is doing what he is supposed to do and meeting appropriate nutritional goals.
Additional key features include:
Comprehensive Daily Tracking: Record all aspects of your baby’s
daily care and development and receive personalized insights backed by
- Tracking categories include feeding, sleeping, diapers, medicine and more.
- Glow Community: Connect with other parents through the vibrant in-app Community (shared experiences are critical and it’s one of our users’ favorite features).
- Partner Capabilities: Tracking isn’t all on mom! Enable another person to assist with tracking your baby’s daily milestones and needs.
- Photo Feature: Capture every milestone - and those precious moments along the way - to create memorable photo albums laid out as card stacks (shareable with friends and family).
More than any other company in the space, Glow is committed to providing women with the best insights and control of their health - from period to parenting. Glow is happy to announce that more than three million women are now a part of that community, and they have helped more than two hundred thousand women conceive.
Responding to user feedback, the company will introduce a premium subscription that delivers increased insights (think more detailed info about you compared to the larger Glow population), content (more exclusive content from their partners and advisors), and personal connections (the ability to 1:1 message with others in the Glow Community), beginning with their pregnancy product, Glow Nurture. All of the features available today in Glow Nurture will continue to be free.
“We’re the most comprehensive women’s health company on the market, with the best predictive models and the best data science team. We’re excited to now offer women, parents and caregivers deeper learnings and insights as an opt-in premium service to our customers,” said Mike Huang, Glow CEO.
Glow Baby is available for free in the App Store and Google Play worldwide starting today and premium services will be available in Glow Nurture in March; and in Eve by Glow, Glow, and Glow Baby later in April.
Founded by a team of technology veterans including Max Levchin, co-founder of PayPal & CEO of Affirm, Glow is a San Francisco-based data science company on a mission to redefine health care. The original Glow app was launched in August 2013, Glow Nurture in July 2014, and Eve by Glow in July 2015. Beyond the app offerings, the company aims to advance scientific discoveries in the field of reproductive health. More information about Glow is available at: www.glowing.com.