REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Rocket Fuel (NASDAQ: FUEL), a leading Programmatic Marketing Platform provider, today announced the release of its latest whitepaper, “Marketing Tech Trends: 10 Things Happening in 2016.” Rocket Fuel polled industry decision makers from brands and agencies to learn more about their plans for 2016 and combined these insights with its own analysis to uncover key themes and topics that will likely influence the industry conversation throughout the year.
Key takeaways of the report include:
- Marketers continue to shift budget from traditional media to digital. 64% of respondents said they plan to use mobile more in 2016. Similarly, 60% said they’d turn to digital video and social channels more often.
- 2016 will be the year to experiment with programmatic TV. 24% of brand marketers plan to buy TV programmatically in 2016 (an increase of 81%). Brand marketers are increasing investment across digital channels. 70% of respondents planned to buy digital video programmatically in 2016 (an increase of 36%), while 80% of brand marketers plan to buy digital display in 2016, an increase of 18% from 2015.
- Marketers will get serious about their data. 91% of marketers interviewed are interested in learning more about Data Management Platforms (DMPs) in 2016.
Learn more about the top 10 trends on marketers’ minds in Rocket Fuel’s latest report:
- Competition for analysts and data scientists will become (even more) fierce
- Marketers will seek to consolidate their tech platforms
- Budgets will continue to shift away from traditional media
- Brand marketers will make a more significant move to programmatic
- Cross-device and programmatic TV will be hot educational topics
- Data will continue to be a major point of interest, even for savvier marketers
- Connected consumer device adoption will create a further explosion of data
- Internet of Things (IoT) devices create valuable data for brands and manufacturers
- Ad blocking will remain a serious concern
- Mobile will continue to be a disruptive force
Rocket Fuel surveyed 204 marketers and agency professionals in December 2015. All respondents were Director-level (or equivalent) or higher, and were asked a series of questions about their plans to adopt new technology, where they see the industry headed, and key topics they want to explore in 2016.
About Rocket Fuel
A leading Programmatic Marketing Platform provider, Rocket Fuel (NASDAQ: FUEL) offers brands, agencies, and platform partners managed services, as well as a SaaS-based Data Management Platform (DMP) and Demand Side Platform (DSP), to optimize performance, awareness, and lift across marketing objectives, channels and devices. By applying artificial intelligence at big data scale, Rocket Fuel’s Moment Scoring™ technology performs a real-time calculation of each ad opportunity based on a marketer’s goal to determine the likelihood a consumer will engage in a desired action. Moment Scoring goes beyond 1:1 marketing by learning to predict what marketing actions to take with a campaign at a precise moment in time, which results in a much more efficient use of marketing dollars. Rocket Fuel serves 96 of the Ad Age 100, three of the top five agency holding company trading desks, and partners with some of the world’s leading CRM platforms, marketing platforms and systems integrators. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, Rocket Fuel has more than 20 offices worldwide.