BELLEVUE, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Voip-Pal.com, Inc. (“Voip-Pal” or “Company”) (OTC Pink: VPLM) announced today that, on February 9, 2016, the Company filed suit against Apple, Inc., in the United States District Court, District of Nevada case number 2:16-CV-00260. On February 10, 2016, the Company filed suit against Verizon Wireless Services, LLC, Verizon Communications Inc., AT&T, Inc., and AT&T Corp. in the United States District Court, District of Nevada, case number 2:16-cv-00271.
The complaints allege infringement by Apple, Verizon and AT&T of various claims of Voip-Pal’s patents. In the complaints, the Company seeks damages totaling over $7 billion.
Voip-Pal has spent 13 years and millions of dollars developing its portfolio of technologies and related intellectual property. The Company has taken legal action in order to protect its intellectual property and the interests of its shareholders.
Highlights from a Q&A regarding the Company’s legal action are included below. Further information and the full Q&A regarding the Company’s legal action, can be viewed on the Company website at Voip-Pal Q&A.
- Apple, Verizon and AT&T were regrettably unwilling to engage in discussion of licensing the Company’s intellectual property and technology.
- Digifonica/Voip-Pal began designing its communications routing system in 2004, at the beginning of the internet communications explosion. At that time, the company had the vision that the Internet would one day become the dominant form of telecommunications capable of business and personal uses that would expand its impact and utility dramatically.
- Voip-Pal designed, built and tested super-nodes and nodes in Canada, England, and Norway, spending more than $17 million on development and execution in the process. The Company had at one point more than twenty (20) engineers working on the software design and implementation.
- Every day, billions of calls, messages and payments are made (using existing applications, products and services) that utilize Voip-Pal’s patented technology. Further, given the current preferred method of routing Internet-based communications, which classifies calls using the Company’s “caller attributes,” the Company believes that its patents are not limited solely to mobile devices.
- The Company has prepared royalty monetization analyses in order to assess past damages. These analyses utilize a royalty rate of one and one quarter percent (1.25%) of apportioned profits of infringing devices and services, which is over 87% less than the weighted average of analyzed court-awarded damages and settlement rates. The royalty monetization for Apple, Verizon and AT&T at the conservative 1.25% royalty rate totals over $7.024 billion.
Voip-Pal Royalty Monetization Summary
About Voip-Pal.com Inc.
Voip-Pal.Com, Inc. (“Voip-Pal”) is a publicly traded corporation (OTC Pink: VPLM) headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. The Company owns a portfolio of patents relating to Voice-over-Internet Protocol (“VoIP”) technology that it is currently looking to monetize.