BOULDER, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Participants in the fourth class to complete the BOOMTOWN accelerator program will take stage at the Boulder Theater Dec. 3 to present their companies to potential investors, strategic partners and the general public.
BOOMTOWN is a Boulder-based startup accelerator founded in 2013 and operated by a group of media, marketing and technology veterans. It focuses on advancing mobile, software and “Internet of Things” (IoT) technologies and recently launched one of the nation’s first HealthTech accelerators. A total of 33 companies in four classes participated in the first BOOMTOWN fund. Ninety percent of companies from the first three classes remain in operation, 78 percent are generating revenues and the average post Demo Day raise stands at just under $600,000. The first class of the second BOOMTOWN fund launches in January 2016.
“The quality of the applicants to our program continues to make selecting just a handful--in fact, less than three percent--more and more difficult,” said Toby Krout, BOOMTOWN co-founder. “Such quality allows us to provide a rich, challenging and fast-paced accelerator program that sets the teams up for the success we’re seeing from the first fund,” he added.
The companies that will be showcased at the Dec. 3 Demo Day are:
- Revaluate: Learn about hidden issues, potential problems and the good things about any apartment, co-op or condo in your search for a new place to live.
- SideDoor: A marketplace for home buyers and sellers to purchase or sell a home online without a realtor.
- Bold Betties: Where Rent the Runway meets REI--empowering women through adventure by eliminating the barriers to getting outside comfort zones and into the outdoors.
- FeedMob: An In-App advertising platform providing access to developers of all sizes.
- Opal: A hybrid hardware and software wearable startup featuring patent-pending sensors to replace the invasive blood testing.
- Nymbl: Combining medical science with wearable mobile technology to enable an aging population around the world to live longer and more active lives through improved balance and reduced injury from falls.
- Qwip It: Create 11 second clips of your favorite videos and share them with the world.
- Shoelace: Making it dead simple for small businesses to launch retargeting campaigns and implement marketing strategies.
- Pixmoto: Puts video and e-commerce together to lower friction in the buying journey by widening and deepening distribution and monetization of video assets.
Sponsors of the BOOMTOWN Demo Day are Arrow Electronics, American Express Open, Comcast Labs, Creative Alignments, Firestone CFO, Holland & Hart, Kurtz Fargo, Metzger Albee Public Relations, Sprint, Todd Walsh and Softlayer.
Based in Boulder, Colo., BOOMTOWN aims to discover and support promising Internet, mobile, software, Internet of Things (IoT) and HealthTech startups. BOOMTOWN is currently in its fourth class and has graduated more than 30 companies since founding in 2013. For more information, visit www.boomtownaccelerator.com.