LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DEFY Media-owned ScreenJunkies, the leading digital channel for fans of movies and television, announces its new subscription streaming service, ScreenJunkies Plus (SJ+). Launching on November 17th at ScreenJunkies.com/plus and on new mobile apps (iOS and Android), the new service from the team behind the popular series Honest Trailers, Movie Fights!, and ScreenJunkies Show will offer an extensive slate of new programming scheduled seven days per week and available exclusively to SJ+ members. Created for the millions of global fans of TV and film, SJ+ will offer subscribers an all access pass to entirely new shows, ScreenJunkies’ full archive of content, and the opportunity to watch and participate in live weekly programming.
Some of today’s biggest voices in pop culture commentary will also create programming for the SJ+ service. Among others, YouTube star and outspoken film critic Jeremy Jahns (900K+ subscribers), movie reviewer Chris Stuckmann (450K+ subscribers) and the team behind How It Should Have Ended (5.4 million subscribers), the animated parody YouTube channel that imagines alternative endings for movies, will all host brand new shows on the service.
SJ+ will also debut and be the home of ScreenJunkies’ first scripted original series Interns of F.I.E.L.D., a comedy about the overworked, underpaid interns behind the scenes at the world’s most elite secret super hero organization. The show premieres on the service in December and will feature TV and film personalities including Jamie Kennedy, Jonathan Lipnicki, and Casper Van Dien.
“We are so excited to finally unveil ScreenJunkies Plus and our first ever scripted series, Interns of F.I.E.L.D.,” comments Andy Signore, creator of Honest Trailers and Show Runner of Interns of F.I.E.L.D., who will continue to lead programming for the brand and new service. “Over the years we’ve learned there is an extremely loyal audience that is as obsessed with the world of film and TV as we are, so we truly wanted to build an even better destination to service them with the commentary and analysis they crave. Over the next few months we’ll be unleashing the next level of the ScreenJunkies universe through exclusive fan offerings, interactive programming, event meet ups, and brand new shows.”
Additional ScreenJunkies Plus programming highlights include:
- TV Fights! - Real fights over the best (and worst) TV shows of the past, present and future. By overwhelming popular demand, the film-lovers who brought you Movie Fights! set their sights on a new target: TV.
- Mundy Night Raw! - Two renowned, fan-favorite film critics duke it out and debate the week’s biggest new releases and undiscovered cinema classics. Starring Dan Murrell and Nick Mundy.
- Movie Games with Jeremy Jahns - YouTube star and outspoken film critic Jeremy Jahns is joining ScreenJunkies Plus for an all-new, bi-monthly series featuring all things movie trivia!
- First & Worst - Popular Movie Critic Chris Stuckmann and a guest debate the best and worst film of a given filmmaker or actor.
- After Credits - Teaming up with HISHE (How It Should Have Ended) we fast forward beyond the movie itself to show After Credits scenes for films that never had them.
- Does It Hold Up? - Host Spencer Gilbert (Honest Trailers writer), guest experts and ScreenJunkies Plus fans determine if 90’s/retro films still hold up today.
- The ScreenJunkies Universe - The live show that gives Plus members an official gateway to all things upcoming featuring sneak peeks of new shows, Q&As with your favorite cast, viewer (e)mail and more…hang out and let us know how we’re doing.
- Honest Trailer Commentaries - Now there’s more Honest Trailers to love than ever before. Get exclusive commentary tracks, outtakes, behind-the-scenes secrets and alternate jokes from your favorite Honest Trailers.
- Honest Trailer Exclusive! - Honest Trailers Exclusive lets ScreenJunkies Plus members vote on which film is next to get the “Honest” treatment in a special Honest Trailer that’s exclusively for members.
- After The Fight! - The new MovieFights! post-show gives audiences VIP access to the special guests to discuss who won, who should have won, and ask their most burning questions.
ScreenJunkies Plus will be available on web and mobile apps for $4.99/month. Both will offer a free trial at sign up. ScreenJunkies.com offers the option to purchase an annual subscription for the online service at $59 and a special Founders Club pack will also be available for $99, which includes a one-year subscription with one-year free, a Movie Fights home game, and exclusive swag including a SJ+ T-shirt and fan-art 11x17 poster.
Since launching, ScreenJunkies on YouTube has reached over 1 billion lifetime views and 4.9 million+ subscribers, averaging 2.4 million views per video. The brand’s impact is continuously at the forefront of the pop culture zeitgeist, from The Rock teaming with ScreenJunkies to officiate his “best friend” Nick Mundy’s wedding to Directors Joe and Anthony Russo revealing their goal to “Honest Trailer-proof” Captain America: The Winter Soldier during their writing process.
Current programming for ScreenJunkies on YouTube, including Honest Trailers, Movie Fights!, and ScreenJunkies Show, will remain free on the channel. Watch the ScreenJunkies Plus trailer here. To learn more and to subscribe starting November 17th, visit ScreenJunkies.com/plus.
About DEFY Media
DEFY Media is the top digital producer and programmer for 13-34 year olds, and the largest owner of YouTube channels and leading media brands across the comedy, lifestyle and gaming verticals. Each month, DEFY-produced content generates 600 million video views and reaches 125 million viewers across our 60 million YouTube subscribers, 80 million unique web visitors and consumers of our apps, which have been downloaded over 25 million times. DEFY Media brands include Smosh, recently named by Variety as the top brand for 13-17 year olds, Break, known for its top program “Prank It Forward™”, and ScreenJunkies, home to the highly influential digital series “Honest Trailers”. The world’s top brands partner with DEFY to build immersive advertising solutions that deliver unparalleled access to this influential audience. With uniquely integrated capabilities in content development, studio production, distribution and promotion, DEFY Media is built for content delivery in the digital age. Please visit us at www.DEFYMedia.com.