LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--VolJet announces the consumer launch of VolJet.com, a luxury air travel website that makes flying by private jet more affordable and accessible to premium air travelers than ever before. It is the first online system to design itineraries with both private jet and commercial airline options, delivering increased flexibility, maximum value and the perfect elite seat to passengers.
“VolJet.com offers those who want to save time and money unprecedented options to fly on private jets,” said VolJet Co-Inventor, Co-Founder and CEO Susan Sloan. “Value-conscious consumers now have access to all the advantages of private jet travel at prices well below typical charter rates. Most importantly, it’s a quick and easy way to obtain the exact cost of a flight without wasting valuable time searching or negotiating quotes.”
Open to all U.S. destinations, VolJet.com:
- Creates a new market space for first class travelers who have considered jet charter cost-prohibitive and/or inaccessible.
- Introduces the revolutionary “charter and save” feature for those who already fly by private jet, but are interested in getting money back as people join their charter.
- Allows premium travelers with similar travel desires to form groups and share the cost of flying by private jet.
- Books each leg of the trip individually, so travelers can mix and match private charter and commercial airline options.
- Provides travelers the freedom to charter their own aircraft or book flights on commercial airlines.
- Requires no upfront charges, membership fees or personal information to search for flights and fares.
VolJet.com provides a solution for the nearly 40 percent of chartered aircraft that fly empty or at very low capacity during one leg of a trip. “No plane should fly empty,” said VolJet Co-Inventor, Co-Founder and COO Laurence Rabe. “It’s not a good business model, not good for the community and not good for the environment.”
On a separate portal, Voljet.com’s preferred network of jet operators can view groups and assign aircraft to flights via a real-time online system, which increases revenue and drives down costs. Participating operators are required to meet the highest industry standards for safety, business ratings and reputation.
Using patent-pending technology, VolJet.com provides access to more than 900 U.S. airports, compared to fewer than 500 when flying commercial. This means more people can avoid crowded check-in lines, unexpected delays, long layovers and congested airports, plus arrive at their destinations on time and rested.
There are four simple steps to booking flights on VolJet.com:
1. Choose - Input desired city pairs to charter, form a group or join an
2. Input - Enter travel details for each leg of the trip. For the charter and save option, invite others to join.
3. Review - Review results and options, make selections and reserve.
4. Commit - Pay for your trip.
Next, travelers can leverage social media and email address books to post itineraries and gain exposure for others to join and book flights directly through the posted links. VolJet.com features “buy now” pricing, with the full amount due at booking. Passengers can also request special concierge services and amenities from the jet operator.
“Time is precious and once it is gone, you can never get it back,” said Sloan. “Making the most of time and having fun again while you travel is what VolJet.com offers. It’s a valuable service for those whose time is money. Our methodology and system architecture are highly adaptable and can be used for all types of high-value assets desiring more revenue through higher utilization, such as yachts and perhaps even a future space flight voyage!”
While VolJet.com has been designed as a user-friendly tool for public use, it can also serve as an effective corporate travel tool. It is a perfect air reservation system to save travel agents, executive assistants, celebrity managers and corporate travel coordinators valuable time and money. For more information, visit www.voljet.com or call 855.586.5538.
VolJet was created through the personal passion and desire of its founders to bring glamour back to flying and offer unprecedented premium air travel options. Its luxury travel website VolJet.com is the only online reservation system that allows consumers to design travel itineraries with both jet charter and commercial airline options all-in-one. VolJet does not own or operate aircraft. It creates a simple way for people to fly on private jets at competitive prices. Its leadership team includes Susan Sloan, Co-Inventor, Co-Founder and CEO; Laurence Rabe, Co-Inventor, Co-Founder and COO; and Melody Gregorio, President and Controller.