MCLEAN, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Despite living in a digital age, business professionals still prefer face-to-face meetings. According to a recent global study by Hilton Worldwide (NYSE:HLT), more than two-thirds of surveyed professionals, ranging from millennials to age 65+, overwhelmingly prefer meeting in-person over any other collaboration method. The study, which polled business professionals across the U.S., UK and China, uncovered the value of face-to-face interactions and specifically the role of coffee and tea in productive meetings.
Other survey findings included:
- Wired up world: While Americans are well known for their coffee enthusiasm, surprisingly, the UK and China value their kick-start beverages more in the business world. More professionals in the UK (61 percent) and China (58 percent) agree that the most successful meetings happen over coffee and tea – compared to their counterparts in the U.S. (44 percent).
- Sipping on success: Sixty-eight percent of professionals in the UK and more than half of Chinese respondents (59 percent) say that coffee and tea are important to contributing to a successful in-person meeting.
- Brewed to perfection: Chinese professionals and U.S. millennials value the quality of coffee and tea. Fifty-four percent of Chinese and 51 percent of millennials say that if it is going to be served in a meeting, then it must be high quality.
- Coffee dates: More than half of Chinese respondents (53 percent) say that the best way to connect with a colleague or professional contact is over coffee and tea.
- City sips: Seventy-one percent of city dwellers in the U.S. say coffee is important to successful meetings.
To encourage connections and ignite powerful ideas over coffee, Hilton launched a global coffee promotion, providing complimentary coffee or tea for the first meeting break at participating Hilton properties. Meetings booked now though November 15, which take place before March 31, 2016, are eligible for the offer.
“The most impactful events involve face-to-face interactions that allow individuals to connect on a personal level,” said Andrew Flack, vice president, global marketing, Hilton Worldwide. “It’s interesting to see that, throughout the world, while we differ subtly in how we conduct meetings, we agree on the value of collaboration – which is often fueled by coffee or tea. We’re excited to provide our meeting professional partners an opportunity to deliver the necessary elements to drive impactful meetings and great experiences for attendees.”
Supporting thousands of meetings daily at hotels worldwide, Hilton helps foster an atmosphere where big ideas are born and connections are developed. For more information on the offer, visit ideasbythecup.com.
About Hilton Worldwide
Hilton Worldwide (NYSE:HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxury and full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and focused-service hotels. For 96 years, Hilton Worldwide has been dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences. The company's portfolio of twelve world-class global brands is comprised of more than 4,440 managed, franchised, owned and leased hotels and timeshare properties, with more than 730,000 rooms in 97 countries and territories, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio – A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton HHonors®. Hilton HHonors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to benefits including free standard Wi-Fi, as well as digital amenities that are available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton HHonors app, where HHonors members can check-in, choose their room, and access their room using a Digital Key. Visit news.hiltonworldwide.com for more information and connect with Hilton Worldwide at facebook.com/hiltonworldwide, twitter.com/hiltonworldwide, youtube.com/hiltonworldwide, flickr.com/hiltonworldwide and linkedin.com/company/hilton-worldwide.
*The Global Group Offer Survey was based on sample of 1,000 U.S., 1,013 UK and 1,008 Chinese white collar workers ages 18+. It was an online survey conducted from September 9-22, 2015 by Edelman Berland. The margin of error, at the 95% confidence level, is +/- 3.09%.