GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE:SIX), the world’s largest regional theme park company, today announced a wide-ranging lineup of exciting and innovative rides and attractions coming to its parks in 2016, including high-thrill coasters, interactive rides, expanded family offerings, new twists on iconic favorites, and Northern California’s first-ever hybrid roller coaster.
“Our rides and attractions are consistently ranked as the most thrilling and innovative in the regional theme park industry and our 2016 lineup will build on that success,” said Jim Reid-Anderson, Chairman, President and CEO. “For five years we have maintained our strategy of introducing something new at every park, every year, delighting our guests with differentiated new attractions and experiences. It is clear our strategy is working – guests are thrilled by the continuous stream of exciting new attractions and park upgrades and we look forward to wowing them again next spring with our 2016 offerings.”
Today the company announced that:
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom will open the most-anticipated new roller coaster in Northern California in over 10 years, The Joker. The villainous character’s personality is evident in this extreme hybrid coaster’s chaotic twists and turns throughout its 3,200 feet of dual-colored track. With a first ever “step-up under-flip inverted roll” that takes riders horizontal, The Joker ride will also feature the ultimate “fake-out” with a unique breaking wave turn, the only one of its kind on the west coast. Riders will experience a wild Zero G barrel roll plus 15 extreme airtime moments at maximum speeds of 53 mph.
- Six Flags Great Adventure will dominate as the “king of chaos” in 2016 when the world’s largest theme park debuts its 14th coaster and the most unique scream machine in its history — Total Mayhem. After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill, this 4-D, free-fly coaster will wreak havoc as riders flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless journey. Thrill seekers will experience exhilarating leaps and dives along a horizontal plane, along with unexpected drops as they tumble from one level to the next. The wing seats amp up the pandemonium since riders will experience all of this chaos with no track above or below — just the sky, ground and adjacent lake churning around them. The sister ride introduced at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in 2015 was named among the Top 10 most anticipated new roller coasters by USA TODAY and FOX News.
- Both Six Flags Great America and Six Flags Mexico, in partnership with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, will bring the next generation of interactive thrills to their parks with the debut of JUSTICE LEAGUE: Battle for Metropolis. This immersive, 4D virtual reality-like ride was named by USA TODAY readers as one of the Top Ten New Amusement Park Attractions in 2015 and was most recently awarded Best New Attraction by Theme Park Insider. Guests become members of the JUSTICE LEAGUE Reserve Team and engage in a full-sensory journey as they battle alongside BATMAN™, SUPERMAN™, WONDER WOMAN and GREEN LANTERN against Lex Luthor, The Joker and his henchmen. Traveling in six-passenger vehicles, riders must outsmart the villains to save the city of Metropolis.
- Six Flags Magic Mountain, the Thrill Capital of the World, will commemorate its 45th operating season and the 40th anniversary of the world’s first 360-degree looping coaster, Revolution, which has delighted over 45 million guests during its 40-year reign at the park. The New Revolution will feature newly-created special ride effects, a new look, and newly designed trains that will deliver a smoother, sleeker ride experience for guests.
- Six Flags Over Texas, the Thrill Capital of Texas, has plans for an impressive expansion to the GOTHAM CITY section of the park that will include three new rides in 2016. The area will become the ultimate battle of BATMAN™ versus villains with the opening of The Riddler Revenge — a new twist on thrills with guaranteed wicked high-flying fun; Catwoman Whip — a sinister spin and tilt ride that is much like its namesake; and Harley Quinn Spinsanity — a devious take on a classic spinning ride.
- Thrilling family fun is in the works as Six Flags Over Georgia introduces the world’s first DC SUPER FRIENDS themed area and the all-new Bugs Bunny Boomtown. The two newly-themed children’s areas will feature 12 rides and attractions that families can experience together at the Thrill Capital of the South. This latest expansion is part of a multi-year plan to provide thrills for guests of all ages at the park and includes the addition of Hurricane Harbor in 2014, two new devious rides in Gotham City in 2015 and other exciting additions planned for the future.
- It is off to the races to see who is the fastest in the family, as Six Flags White Water adds the new 60-foot tall exhilarating Wahoo Racer water slide. The multi-lane mat racing slide complex is the largest slide of its kind in the world at the South’s Most Thrilling Water Park. Riders will experience the thrill of racing against their friends and family members reaching speeds of up to 40 feet per second on six aero-dynamic designed water toboggans.
- The Great Escape is introducing the hair-raising Greezed Lightnin’ in 2016. The all-new super looping thrill ride will rocket guests 360 degrees, reach exhilarating speeds and leave them hanging, waiting for more. Thrill seekers will be hurled a series of seven full inversions, both frontward and backward, experiencing suspenseful hang time at over 70 feet in the air. The new attraction will be located in one of the most historic and visible sections of the park, and its impressive lights and flames will transport guests back in time with its 1950’s theme and hot rod inspiration.
- Six Flags America is adding Splashwater Falls — a giant interactive water playground that features dozens of slides, nets, sprays, geysers and thrills for the entire family to enjoy. To top off the fun, a super-sized tipping bucket atop the huge play structure will dump gallons of water on guests throughout the day. While the kids are splashing away, parents can relax on the deck area complete with new lounge chairs and umbrellas.
- La Ronde in Montreal is set to bring guests exciting new adventures as it flips the trains on the iconic Vampire coaster to run backward, and adds two rides in an all-new section of the park: Avenue Aventure: Phoenix — a flying scooter ride that puts guests in control as they soar against the wind; and Gravitor — a fun adventure that lifts guests high above the ground as they turn around and around in an ocean of lights and sounds for a real dance party in the sky!
- Six Flags St. Louis — the Coaster Capital of Missouri, and Six Flags New England — the Coaster Capital of New England are heating things up next season with the new seven-story tall Fireball looping thrill ride. Fireball features a single loop allowing guests to soar back and forth, pendulum style, as they build up speed to propel them head over heels. Traveling back to back in unique “face-off” seating, guests will rocket through a series of 360° revolutions stopping upside down for some insane, inverted hang time before reversing directions.
- Six Flags Fiesta Texas — the Thrill Capital of South Texas is bringing three new thrill rides to the park along with an all-new boardwalk area. In addition to the looping excitement of Fireball, two other mind-bending rides will round out the park’s exciting new Fiesta Bay Boardwalk. On Hurricane Force 5, riders take on the power of a storm and swirl round-and-round while soaring high into the air; and Spinsanity will offer the ultimate whirling adventure for thrill-seekers.
- Six Flags New England is thrilled to relaunch its iconic steel coaster Bizarro as Superman™ the Ride featuring superhero music and theming throughout this epic coaster. Riders will feel like Superman™ as they climb over 20 stories into the air and race down like a speeding bullet at 77 miles per hour. Guests will also experience twists, turns and weightlessness along the coaster’s one mile of track. Thrill-seekers will not want to miss this heroic coaster as Superman™ regains his title at the Coaster Capital of New England.
For more information about upcoming 2016 Six Flags rides and attractions, including a video highlighting the new rides, visit www.sixflags.com/2016news.
Then, prepare for the scare this fall as Six Flags parks unearth Fright Fest® — the biggest Halloween event in North America — with more ghouls, more haunted mazes and scarier experiences than ever before.
Later this year, the world’s largest regional theme park, Six Flags Great Adventure joins six other Six Flags parks by ringing in the holidays with Holiday in the Park® — a Six Flags signature event featuring a winter wonderland of all the beloved sights and sounds of the season along with rides and attractions for the entire family.
Six Flags is also announcing the start of 2016 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year on 2016 Passes. From September 3 through 7, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Season Pass with every Pass purchased. Gold Season Passes include admission to any Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends. 2016 Season Passes provide unlimited visits any operating day for the rest of 2015, including park admission to Fright Fest, Holiday in the Park and all of 2016.
Passholders may also purchase a Gold Season Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner, and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2016 All Season Sport Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Gold Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park. Six Flags has the best regional theme parks on the planet and continues to deliver incredible value for its guests year after year.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with $1.2 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 54 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
Read to Succeed®, Fright Fest® and Holiday in the Park® are registered trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc.
Follow us on Twitter @SixFlags
Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/sixflags
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
About DC Entertainment
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. JUSTICE LEAGUE and all related characters and elements © & ™ DC Comics. (s15)