BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Blueport Commerce, the leading provider of e-commerce technology and services that deliver increased e-commerce and in-store sales for the retail furniture industry, today announced record growth for the first half of 2015. Notably, second quarter sales by retailers on the Blueport platform grew by 97 percent compared to Q2 2014.
“By adding new clients and continually improving results for our retailers, we are solidly positioning Blueport as a company to watch in the SaaS e-commerce technology space,” says Carl Prindle, Blueport Commerce President and Chief Executive Officer. “We’ve been steadily building momentum, capitalizing on the changing e-commerce landscape in furniture by driving innovation and strategies that help furniture retailers capitalize on the fact that over 80 percent of all furniture sales involve the Internet today.”
As of mid-year, several major furniture retailers have replatformed to responsive, redesigned e-commerce websites designed and built on Blueport’s SaaS platform, capitalizing on furniture shoppers’ online and mobile preferences. Replatformed clients include:
- The Brick: the leading Canadian retailer of home furnishings, mattresses, appliances and consumer electronics
- Value City Furniture: Its parent company, American Signature, ranked #13 on Furniture|Today’s list of Top 100 furniture retailers
- Leon’s: Canada’s largest home furnishings retailer
During the first half of the year, Blueport continued to demonstrate technology and innovation leadership with other highlights including:
- Store-Sync: the Blueport-developed technology was granted a U.S. Patent for the cloud-based application of big data to link online and in-store shopping experiences for the first time
- Furniture.com: completely redesigned and re-architected this marketplace for furniture retailers
- Management: strengthened its management team with several key hires, attracting talent from PricewaterhouseCoopers, Mercator Advisory Group, Digitas, Cambridge Associates, Staples, Cartera Commerce, Upromise, AOL, Harvard University, MIT Sloan School of Management and General Assembly Boston.
About Blueport Commerce
Blueport Commerce helps leading furniture retailers capture their e-commerce opportunity. We marry retailers' brick-and-mortar infrastructure and expertise with our decade of online furniture experience, innovative technology and unique marketing and sales solutions.
$6.3 billion in retailers choose Blueport. For some retailers, Blueport's SaaS e-commerce platform powers their branded websites, driving sales online and in their stores. For other retailers, we drive online sales through Furniture.com, our e-commerce marketplace. For many retailers, we do both. Learn more at www.blueport.com.