SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Virtual Instruments, the industry’s first analytics platform for Infrastructure Performance Management (IPM), today announced enhancements to its VirtualWisdom® solution, a vendor-agnostic platform that ensures performance for mission-critical enterprise applications spanning physical, virtual and cloud computing environments. VirtualWisdom4.3 offers new software probes that support Microsoft Hyper-V and IBM PowerVM. It also includes enhanced Applied Analytics with the VM Coordinator to deliver end-to-end performance insights that accelerate business agility. Virtual Instruments will also soon launch wire-data performance probes for Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) storage protocols.
In addition, Virtual Instruments introduced a flexible cloud delivery model for VirtualWisdom deployments, moving a customer’s platform appliance and data analytics to the cloud. With these new capabilities, Virtual Instruments is executing on its strategy to offer an end-to-end IPM platform that provides comprehensive insight into the performance and availability of any hypervisor, interconnect or data store.
By correlating and analyzing millions of data points across the entire infrastructure, VirtualWisdom 4.3 provides business leaders, IT operations and application teams with definitive answers to proactively optimize their systems. As a result, IT teams can spend less time troubleshooting and more time focusing on growing the business, enabling greater cross-department collaboration and increasing the value that IT delivers. VirtualWisdom ensures that global enterprises can prioritize company development and focus on future advancements with the confidence that their infrastructures are fully optimized and ready for new or expanded workloads.
“IT infrastructure isn’t just expanding in size. It’s growing in complexity, and we’re seeing an increasing desire among enterprise executives to manage and define challenging IT strategies on their own terms," said Simon Robinson, research vice president at 451 Research. "Virtual Instruments supports this goal by building on its vendor-agnostic infrastructure performance management solution that doesn’t just tell you something is wrong, but instead tells you how to fix it. By analyzing such vast supplies of data from disparate sources, VirtualWisdom provides answers for even the most perplexing IT performance challenges and enables enterprise IT teams to leverage the true power and capability of their growing infrastructures.”
New capabilities include:
- ProbeVM for PowerVM, which provides greater insight into the virtualization stack to enable proper placement of workloads, as well as the intelligence needed to properly size the logical partitions (LPARs)
- ProbeVM for Hyper-V, which offers enhanced visibility into Hyper-V environments to rapidly diagnose the cause of application slowdowns and optimize VMs
- VM Coordinator analytic, which aggregates and analyzes historical virtual machine (VM) resource usage to eliminate overprovisioning and needless rebalancing, and instead organize virtual workloads most efficiently in the face of challenging migrations and demands for efficiency
- Cloud computing delivery model, which integrates an on-premise VirtualWisdom deployment with analytics pushed through the cloud to provide customers with the flexible options they need to support expanding company requirements, while keeping expenses and investments at a minimum
- Expanded storage protocol support, which incorporates new hardware performance probes for NAS and FCoE, ensuring enterprises incorporating diverse storage technologies that have wide-reaching critical insights into the holistic performance of their complex, heterogeneous systems
“Successful performance management centers on being proactive, and the new components of VirtualWisdom4.3 enable our customers to get ahead of looming performance issues,” said Barry Cooks, senior vice president of products, engineering and support at Virtual Instruments. “Heterogeneous, multi-vendor IT infrastructures are the norm in enterprise IT, and our engineering team is committed to bringing our customers a solution that solves performance problems throughout the entire infrastructure ecosystem. Multi-hypervisor support, expanded analytics and our cloud delivery option combine to make VirtualWisdom4.3 a critical platform for a greater range of enterprises that are recognizing the role IPM can play in driving a business toward its higher level goals.”
VirtualWisdom4.3 is generally available with support for the cloud-based delivery model; NAS and FCoE hardware probes will be released later this year. Visit our site for more information on the VirtualWisdom4.3 IPM platform.
About Virtual Instruments
Virtual Instruments delivers the industry’s leading analytics platform for Infrastructure Performance Management. VirtualWisdom® empowers customers to deliver on the complex requirements of their application infrastructure. The platform provides insights into the performance and availability of the end-to-end system across physical, virtual and cloud environments. VirtualWisdom intelligently captures, correlates and analyzes an unmatched breadth and depth of data, transforming data into answers and actionable insights. This allows the promotion and guarantee of performance-based service-level agreements, changing the value of the infrastructure. With these insights, customers can take control of their environments, accurately inform collaborative dialogues and drive business outcomes. For more information, visit http://www.virtualinstruments.com.