PRINCETON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Heartland Payment Systems (NYSE:HPY), one of the nation’s largest payment processors, announced today that its Heartland Omni-Channel Commerce Engine (XCE) formed an integral part of the Taco Bell® mobile ordering and payment app.
- The Heartland XCE connects the Taco Bell mobile app to the Heartland IRIS software and point-of-sale (POS) system.
- The Heartland Master Data Management solution also provides the Heartland XCE and mobile applications with all up-to-date menu, nutritional and other configuration information.
- The Heartland XCE also incorporates in-store business logic of the Heartland IRIS POS technology in the cloud.
- This revolutionary technology enables Taco Bell customers to unlock the Taco Bell kitchen and customize their food exactly the way they want it.
- The intuitive and engaging customer app is backed by the Heartland XCE to ensure that the correct items are presented to customers on their mobile devices at the correct price for all 6,000 domestic Taco Bell stores.
- The Taco Bell mobile app has been downloaded 3 million times to date.
Greg Fancher, CIO, Taco Bell
“Heartland has powered our in-store point-of-sale initiatives for several years, and now with a best-in-class cloud-based integration that allows our customers to order whenever and wherever they want. The Heartland partnership has allowed us to leverage their years of outstanding Quick Service Restaurant experience to make a powerful addition to our mobile ordering and payment app. The adoption of this technology by our customers has been significantly facilitated by the Heartland team and we appreciate all of their efforts.”
Christopher Sebes, senior vice president of Commerce, Heartland
“Taco Bell is the leader in bringing a mobile solution to the Quick Service Restaurant segment and we are pleased to have provided them a cornerstone component for this initiative. The Heartland Omni-Channel Commerce Engine enables Taco Bell to leverage our years of Quick Service Restaurant and restaurant technology experience to bring a world-class experience to their guests. We applaud Taco Bell for their foresight in anticipating the changing needs of their customers. The combination of Taco Bell’s initiative to support the highest levels of customer engagement along with Heartland enabled technology clearly demonstrates Taco Bell’s leadership in consumer engagement technology in the Quick Service Restaurant segment.”
- [Video] Taco Bell mobile ordering and payment app
- [Infographic] Taco Bell Live Más: There’s an app for that
- Read About Taco Bell.
- Read About Taco Bell mobile ordering and payment app.
- Read About Heartland.
- For more information about Heartland’s news and activities, follow the company via Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Facebook.
Tags/Keywords: Taco Bell, Taco Bell mobile app, Live Más, Heartland, Heartland Payment Systems, Heartland Commerce, Heartland Omni-Channel Commerce Engine, Heartland XCE, Christopher Sebes, Greg Fancher
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE:HPY), one of the largest payment processors in the United States, delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing and security technology through Heartland Secure™ and its comprehensive Heartland breach warranty. Heartland also offers point of sale, mobile commerce, e-Commerce, marketing solutions, payroll solutions, and related business solutions and services to more than 400,000 business and educational locations nationwide.
A FORTUNE 1000 company, Heartland is the founding supporter of the Merchant Bill of Rights, a public advocacy initiative that educates merchants about fair credit and debit card processing practices. Heartland also established the Sales Professional Bill of Rights to advocate for the rights of sales professionals everywhere.