SANTA CLARA, Calif., NEW YORK, & PARIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Embedded Systems Conference – AdaCore today announced the continuing extension of its Wind River® VxWorks® real-time operating system (RTOS) support, with the implementation of the GNAT Pro development environment on VxWorks 7.
AdaCore engineers worked closely with Wind River on this new product, ensuring that it would support both single- and multi-core systems, as well as other architectures. Enhancements over previous versions include a completely reengineered open source debugger protocol and more seamless integration with Wind River Workbench, and the development environment handles both all-Ada and multi-language applications.
“Wind River provides proven, reliable and stable solutions,” said Jerome Guitton, AdaCore’s VxWorks product manager. “With VxWorks 7, the company has elevated its technology to entirely new heights, moving to a much broader integration of embedded solutions and big data. These are important attributes in helping us provide market-leading solutions for our joint customers, and the AdaCore plug-in for Wind River Workbench will dramatically improve their experience.”
GNAT Pro for VxWorks 7 offers a variety of benefits:
- Implementation of all editions of the Ada language standard, including the latest version Ada 2012
- Support for VxWorks 7 kernel modules and real-time processes
- Continued support for PowerPC, Intel and ARM instruction sets
- Mixed-language support, allowing applications consisting of Ada, C and C++
- SMP support
- Extensive GNAT library
- Ada unit testing framework (AUnit)
- Dependable “front-line” support from AdaCore
“AdaCore’s GNAT Pro is well established among users of Wind River platforms, especially in the aerospace and defense market,” said Prashant Dubal, director of VxWorks product management at Wind River. “This new version of GNAT Pro for VxWorks 7 is the latest step in the long and successful strategic partnership between AdaCore and Wind River.”
GNAT Pro for VxWorks 7 is available immediately.
Founded in 1994, AdaCore supplies software development and verification tools for mission-critical, safety-critical, and security-critical systems. Four flagship products highlight the company’s offerings:
- The GNAT Pro development environment for Ada, a complete toolset for designing, implementing, and managing applications that demand high reliability and maintainability,
- The CodePeer advanced static analysis tool, an automatic Ada code reviewer and validator that can detect and eliminate errors both during development and retrospectively on existing software,
- The SPARK Pro verification environment, a toolset based on formal methods and oriented towards high-assurance systems, and
- The QGen model-based development tool, a qualifiable and customizable code generator and verifier for Simulink® and Stateflow® models, intended for safety-critical control systems.
Over the years, customers have used AdaCore products to field and maintain a wide range of critical applications in domains such as space systems, commercial avionics, military systems, air traffic management/control, rail systems, medical devices, and financial services. AdaCore has an extensive and growing worldwide customer base; see www.adacore.com/customers/ for further information.