ANN ARBOR, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--After a long cold winter and wet spring, your patio needs to be brought back to life for the summer. Mr. Handyman, the nation’s leading home repair and maintenance franchise, offers useful tips for homeowners to create backyard bliss:
- Power Wash: Over time dirt, debris and mildew collect on the surface of your patio causing damage if not properly cleaned. To avoid potential deterioration, an expert should inspect and power wash your patio at least once a year.
- Sand & Stain: Deck refinishing is a two-step job. First stain your deck with a latex or oil-based stain, then use fine-grit sandpaper to give your deck a smooth finish. Evaluate your deck to see if you need to strip off the old finish before starting.
- Add Flower Boxes: An easy way to add color and fragrance to any patio is by planting flower boxes. If you choose to build one from scratch, make sure to leave holes at the bottom for drainage.
- Revitalize Furniture: Patio furniture should accent your house while complimenting the natural colors in your yard. Before dragging the furniture out of the garage, make sure to clean it up where necessary. Quality furniture is advantageous for both the look of your yard as well as the comfort of your guests.
- Upgrade & Install: Installing new doors, windows and screens will compliment both indoor and outdoor spaces. With your yard being an extension of your home, you want the transition spaces to be appealing and inviting.
For home maintenance repair, improvement and remodeling needs, contact Mr. Handyman. To find a location, visit www.mrhandyman.com/local-handyman-service.
About Mr. Handyman®
Mr. Handyman® is part of a network of independently owned and operated franchises with more than 200 locations throughout North America, which provide commercial and residential property maintenance, repair and improvement services. Entrepreneur magazine has repeatedly recognized Mr. Handyman as one of America’s fastest growing, service-oriented franchise systems and the No. 1 handyman service. Based in Ann Arbor, Mich., Mr. Handyman is part of Dwyer Group, Inc., a holding company of 11 service-based franchise businesses operating under the following service marks: Aire Serv®, Glass Doctor®, The Grounds Guys®, Five Star Painting®, Molly Maid®, Mr. Appliance®, Mr. Electric®, Mr. Rooter® (Drain Doctor® in the UK and Portugal), ProTect Painters®, and Rainbow International®. For more information, visit the Mr. Handyman website at www.mrhandyman.com.