CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Geofeedia, the market leader in location-based social media monitoring, intelligence and analysis, released version 4.0 of its platform. With new capabilities and features, the updated platform makes it even easier to cut through the massive amount of social data to understand social media signals in real time at a specific place. Geofeedia enables the use of location-tagged data to discover, engage, and analyze content across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Picasa, Flickr, Sina Weibo and other social channels.
With the new Geofeedia iOS app, users can gather location-based social intelligence in the areas directly around their current locations, create or monitor any location while mobile, and access a streamer view of location-tagged social media posts on-the-go.
Geofeedia research shows 74 percent of social chatter cannot be discovered with hashtag and keyword monitoring. In addition, six percent of posts solely include photos or videos without any text. Geofeedia fills in the data gap where most social listening tools fall short and empowers organizations with a dynamic way to pinpoint the critical signals found using location-tagged social media posts not only based on keywords and hashtags, but images and even sentiment.
“Our upgraded platform augments the value of social media as a powerful tool to get the pulse of any location around the world,” said Phil Harris, CEO and co-founder of Geofeedia. “Whether it’s to gain situational awareness in a crisis, maintain public safety at events or generate sales leads at retail outlets, we provide users with the most actionable intelligence in real time. Further setting Geofeedia apart from other social media monitoring technology, our app is the only way to easily empower users with geo-tagged real-time social media data on the go.”
In addition to the core capabilities of Geofeedia’s location-based intelligence platform, the enhanced version includes the following innovations:
- New Look and Feel: Now it’s even easier to discover, engage and analyze social media data with a streamlined and updated user interface.
- Upgraded Data Platform: With the upgraded capacity to process more than 1 billion posts daily (~10,000 per second) by the platform, Geofeedia enables the most complete searches across the largest location-based data set in the world.
- Aggregated Location Monitoring: Save time and gain insight by collecting intelligence across many locations in a single search.
- Enhanced Location Analytics: Make smarter real-time decisions through updated and interactive location analytics.
- Location Sentiment: Quickly understand the sentiment (positive/negative) of posts from one or more locations.
- New Data Source: With the largest Chinese microblogging site Sina Weibo added to Geofeedia, users now have an even larger data set to discover, engage and analyze.
- Templates: Save time by creating and reusing search criteria (including locations, keywords, networks, usernames) within a search template.
- Influencers: Discover top influencers in a location and their social connections.
- Salesforce Integration: Increase sales and improve customer service by creating a Salesforce.com lead or customer service case from a location-tagged social media post with a single click.
More than 400 organizations and 10,000 users rely on Geofeedia’s powerful subscription-based patented platform, which was included in Gartner’s 2014 Cool Vendors report and G2 Crowd’s Spring 2015 rankings of the top social media monitoring products. The company is on track to quadruple its client base by the end of the year. Customers leveraging the Geofeedia platform include Fortune 500 companies such as McDonald’s and Dell and leading news outlets AP, BBC and CNN.
Geofeedia is the leader in location-based social media intelligence. Combining real-time social data and user-defined geographic search perimeters, Geofeedia aggregates content in real time for any location in the world across Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Flickr, Facebook and more. Corporate security departments, public safety organizations, marketing teams and media companies use the patented platform for location-tagged data discovery, engagement and analytics. Geofeedia is based in Chicago with offices in Indianapolis and Naples, Fla., and is backed by Hyde Park Venture Partners. For more information, visit http://geofeedia.com or follow the company on Twitter @Geofeedia.