TEMPE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Limelight Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq:LLNW) (“Limelight”), a global leader in digital content delivery, today announced the Limelight Orchestrate (“Orchestrate”) solution for Software and Device Manufacturers to optimize end-to-end digital file delivery. This new solution addresses the challenges both industries face with the ever-increasing volume and size of files that must be delivered to end-users. The Orchestrate solution simplifies the process of delivering software to end-users with reliable, fast, secure and scalable global delivery anywhere, at any time.
Large international software companies, as well as start-ups, face a challenge in delivering large files from multiple locations, managing file versions and distributing new software and updates to customers. Similarly, the devices industry must deliver updates to a proliferation of connected devices such as phones, smart TVs and the universe of electronics that are beginning to make up the Internet of Things.
According to Limelight’s recent State of Digital Downloads report, consumers are frustrated with how downloads are carried out today. In fact, 75 percent of surveyed respondents find downloading content frustrating in some manner. Limelight helps software companies and device manufacturers solve critical delivery challenges, enabling them to provide the best possible download experience for their customers.
“We send out security updates to millions of customers around the world every four hours, every day,” said Alastair Pooley, VP Data Centre Operations, Sophos. “Limelight plays a critical role for us, seamlessly delivering 400-500 terabytes a month of software updates around the globe.”
“Software companies and device manufacturers of all sizes are increasingly dealing with a congested Internet and a growing number of software updates they need to deliver,” said Nigel Burmeister, vice president of product and solutions marketing at Limelight. “Limelight makes it possible to reliably and cost-effectively deliver large or small updates globally, at any time, to any device, while off-loading infrastructure demands to our global network.”
Key features and functionality of the Orchestrate Solution for Software and Device Manufacturers include:
- Global Private Network: Limelight operates one of the world’s largest private networks with industry-leading cache efficiency, scale and availability that ensures a reliable, consistent download experience anywhere, anytime.
- Device Detection: Smart edge device detection ensures the correct updates are delivered to every connected device irrespective of whether it is a wired or over-the-air (OTA) update.
- Zero-Rated Traffic: A unique solution that enables toll-free content delivery over carrier networks, allowing end-users to access content without worrying about data-usage related bill shock.
- Cloud Storage: A globally distributed origin storage solution that integrates with Limelight’s CDN to optimize worldwide delivery and management of media and software content by positioning content close to end-users, simplifying storage and lowering operational costs.
- Robust Security: Global secure delivery (SSL) capacity, geo-fencing for regional access rights and DDoS Attack Interceptor for attack mitigation combine to protect digital file delivery against downtime, loss of business and negative impact on brand reputation.
- Actionable Insights: Analyze user activity like content popularity, device usage and regional information to provide a better download experience.
More information on the Orchestrate solution for Software and Device Manufacturers and how it can distribute digital content to end users, reduce costs and complexity and deliver a flawless download experience is available here.
Limelight Networks Inc., (NASDAQ: LLNW), a global leader in digital content delivery, empowers customers to better engage online audiences by enabling them to securely manage and globally deliver digital content, on any device. The company’s award winning Limelight Orchestrate™ platform includes an integrated suite of content delivery technology and services that helps organizations secure digital content, deliver exceptional multi-screen experiences, improve brand awareness, drive revenue, and enhance customer relationships — all while reducing costs. For more information, please visit www.limelight.com, read our blog, follow us on Twitter , Facebook and LinkedIn and be sure to visit Limelight Connect.