WALL, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) today announced the promotion of Jamie Kent to Treasurer, effective immediately. Mr. Kent will be responsible for the leadership of the corporate finance and risk management functions, including treasury and investor relations.
“Throughout his time at NJR, Jamie has proven himself to be a highly capable and valued member of our team,” said Laurence M. Downes, chairman and CEO of New Jersey Resources. “His extensive experience and proficiency in the energy industry make him uniquely suited for this opportunity. This is a well-deserved promotion, and I am confident Jamie will continue to distinguish himself as an asset to our shareowners and our Company in this new role.”
Mr. Kent joined NJR as the Director of Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance in December of 2013 and was named Director of Risk Management in January 2015. With over 23 years of experience in the energy industry, he is an accomplished leader in the fields of risk management and financial controls. Prior to NJR, he worked for such organizations as Constellation Energy, American Electric Power and Deloitte and Touche, as well as other energy companies across the United States.
Mr. Kent holds a Masters of Business Administration in finance and accounting from the University of Pittsburgh and a Bachelor of Civil Engineering from Villanova University. He currently resides in Moorestown, NJ.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution and asset management. With annual revenues in excess of $3 billion, NJR is comprised of five primary businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas is NJR’s principal subsidiary that operates and maintains over 7,000 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve over half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris and Middlesex counties.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services and customized energy solutions to its customers across North America.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity of over 130 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Midstream serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its equity ownership in a natural gas storage facility and a transportation pipeline, both of which are Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, or FERC-regulated investments.
- NJR Home Services provides heating, central air conditioning, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes and businesses throughout New Jersey and serves approximately 117,000 service contract customers.
NJR and its more than 950 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.
For more information about NJR:
Follow us on Twitter @NJNaturalGas.
“Like” us on facebook.com/NewJerseyNaturalGas.
Download our free NJR investor relations app for iPad, iPhone and Android.