LOUISVILLE, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NexGen Storage today announced a series of technical seminars titled ‘Putting VVOLs to Work - Storage Best Practices for vSphere 6 and Beyond.’ Hosted by Howard Marks, chief scientist of DeepStorage, LLC and Network Computing contributor, along with VMware Certified Professionals from NexGen, the complimentary seminars will provide a technical overview of the operational benefits of VMware vSphere® 6 and the VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes (VVOL) feature within virtual infrastructures.
VMware’s vSphere 6 with VVOLs offer a tremendous opportunity to streamline management and gain finer control of hardware resources within virtual infrastructures. With expanded OS and larger cluster size support, vSphere 6 permits more consolidation and larger shared environments.
The ‘Best Practice Storage Considerations for VMware vSphere 6’ seminars will address:
- Why the buzz? Operational efficiencies achievable with VM-level storage.
- Changes in the datastore. New vSphere 6 management objects and mapping best practices.
- Performance considerations. How to configure and manage VVOL to best achieve performance goals.
- Storage vendor integration. How to evaluate the various levels of vendor integration with VVOL.
VMware VVOLs is an integration framework to enable VM-centric operations on external storage systems and extends the Software Defined Storage control plane to external storage through the use of the vSphere Storage Policy-Based Management. As a member of the VMware Virtual Volumes Developers Program, NexGen engineered the ability to surface its performance Quality of Service (QoS) policies and service levels in VMware vCenter™, which gives administrators the ability to provide the right storage service levels to each individual VM for extremely granular control.
The series of sixteen technical seminars kicks-off on May 12, 2015 in Denver, Colorado and continues throughout 2015. Dates and locations include:
- Dallas, TX – May 19
- San Diego, CA – May 20
- New York City, NY – June 10
- Atlanta, GA – June 11
- Seattle, WA – June 16
- Santa Clara, CA – June 17
- Washington, D.C. – July 14
- Charlotte, NC – July 15
- Indianapolis, IN – August 18
- Salt Lake City, UT – September 16
- Kansas City, KS – September 23
- Boston, MA – October 21
- Los Angeles, CA – December 8
Events are also planned for London and Amsterdam. For more information or to register for an event, click here.
- Listen to NexGen’s webinar on VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes (VVOL) support
- View a demonstration of vSphere Virtual Volumes with the NexGen N5
- More on NexGen’s N5 Hybrid Flash Array products
- More on NexGen’s customers
- Follow NexGen via Twitter and Blog
About NexGen Storage
NexGen Storage offers value-driven hybrid flash arrays that let customers prioritize data and application performance based on business value. Unlike other storage solutions that treat all data the same, NexGen’s policy-based Quality of Service enables customers to avoid the high cost of all-flash arrays and the inconsistent performance of SSD-based hybrid arrays. By connecting customers to the business value of data, NexGen’s solutions deliver the predictable application performance end-users require combined with industry-leading flash utilization. Committed to channel success, NexGen provides reseller partners registered deal protection and rich margins on every opportunity. For more information, visit www.nexgenstorage.com.
NexGen Storage and NexGen Storage logo are trademarks of NexGen
Copyright 2015, NexGen Storage, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.