TACOMA, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--MultiCare Health System announced its partnership today with Doctor On Demand to offer Video Doctor Visits to patients in the state of Washington. The new service, MultiCare Doctor On Demand, provides patients immediate access to a Board Certified physician for a wide range of medical issues including cough, flu, eye infections, UTIs, sports injuries and more, from the convenience of their own home for a low cost.
“We know that busy families are demanding more convenient access to health care. This new offering will make it easier for them to get the care they need,” said Claire Spain-Remy, MD, Chief Physician Officer at MultiCare Health System. “We are pleased to be able to partner with Doctor On Demand to bring this service to our communities.”
Key features of the MultiCare Doctor On Demand service include:
- Fast and Efficient Treatment: Patients connect with a Board Certified physician within 90 seconds, without spending hours in the waiting room. If prescriptions are clinically appropriate, Doctor On Demand physicians send them electronically to their patient’s local pharmacy.
- Low Cost: The cost of each Video Doctor Visit is just $40.
- Face-to-Face Communication: Patients meet face-to-face with a Doctor On Demand physician during a Video Visit. This allows the doctor to see a patient’s medical issues in real time.
- Adult, Elderly, Pediatric Care: Doctor On Demand’s physicians are able to treat anyone -- from infants to adults and the elderly. The service is particularly convenient for busy moms and working professionals.
- Continuity of Care: Doctor On Demand is seamlessly integrated with MultiCare’s electronic medical records (Epic) to ensure that all patient records are securely sent over to MultiCare Health System in real-time.
“We created Doctor On Demand to provide Americans with fast and easy access to high-quality, cost effective health care,” said Dr. Pat Basu, MD, Chief Medical Officer at Doctor On Demand. “We’re thrilled to partner with MultiCare Health System to provide another way for patients in Washington to access quality care. It’s an honor to be selected to provide care to MultiCare’s employees, patients, and the broader MultiCare community.”
To connect with a physician, patients simply visit www.multicaredoctorondemand.com or download the Doctor On Demand app on a smartphone or tablet. After answering a few questions about their health issues, they are connected with a physician for a Video Visit. Doctor On Demand physicians treat both adults and children, and prescribe medications when necessary. The cost of each Video Visit is $40. For a limited time, MultiCare and Doctor On Demand are offering patients their First Visit Free.
About MultiCare Health System
MultiCare Health System is a not-for-profit health care organization with more than 10,000 employees and a comprehensive network including Allenmore Hospital, Auburn Medical Center, Good Samaritan Hospital, Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital, Tacoma General Hospital, MultiCare Medical Associates, affiliated physicians, as well as numerous primary care, specialty and urgent care clinics and community outreach services.
About Doctor On Demand
Doctor On Demand is a healthcare service that provides Video Visits with Board Certified Physicians, Psychologists, and Lactation Consultants via smartphones, tablets, and desktop computers. Doctor On Demand delivers services through employers, health systems, health plans, and directly to consumers. Patients simply download the Doctor On Demand app or visit www.doctorondemand.com, provide a list of their symptoms, and are instantly connected for a Video Visit. Consumers rate Doctor On Demand as the best Video Visit provider. The company has more 5 star App Store reviews than every other telemedicine app combined. 87% of patients love Doctor On Demand so much they have recommended it to their family and friends. Entrepreneurs Dr. Phil McGraw, Jay McGraw and Adam Jackson founded the company in 2012 to provide fast, easy, and cost-effective access to high quality medical and behavioral health care. To learn more, please visit www.doctorondemand.com.