EVANSVILLE, Ind.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Accuride Corporation (NYSE: ACW), a leading supplier of components to the North American commercial vehicle industry, announced that it has improved the standard warranty coverage for its Gunite standard and Gunite 2000 range of automatic slack adjusters (ASA), extending mileage and warranty length on these models to industry-leading levels. Accuride based the improvements on the exacting, world-class quality standards of its automated slack adjuster assembly operation in Rockford, Ill.
The new extended warranties for the Gunite standard ASA and Gunite 2000 ASA are among the Industry’s best coverage across the application classifications of: 1) over-the-road/line haul truck and trailers, 2) school bus/city delivery vehicles, and 3) severe service waste/refuse vehicles.
Limited Warranty Revisions:
- Over-the-road/line-haul trucks and trailers: increased to 6 years/1 million miles, from 5 years/500,000 miles.
- School bus/city delivery vehicles: increased to 4 years/400,000 miles, from 3 years/300,000 miles.
- Severe service, waste/refuse: increased to 3 years/300,000 miles, from 2 years/200,000 miles.
These six-, four- and three-year warranties are industry-leading for these application segments. The extended warranty is applicable for Gunite ASAs manufactured on or after April 6, 2015. Gunite ASAs manufactured prior to the April 6, 2015 date will remain warranted at previous warranty terms and conditions.
“Our investment in automated, state-of-the-art slack-adjuster assembly operations at our Rockford, Illinois, facility has significantly improved the rigor of our quality processes for Gunite standard and Gunite 2000 ASA components,” Scott Hazlett, Accuride Senior Vice President/Operations said. “We are able to achieve tighter production tolerances than ever before, giving us even greater confidence in the ability of our automatic slack adjusters to dependably perform as promised, mile after mile. As a result, we are passing along that confidence to our customers by increasing the warranty coverage on these products to industry-best levels.”
About Gunite ASAs
Gunite standard and Gunite 2000 automatic slack adjusters support safe, efficient, Reduced Stopping Distance (RSD)-compliant braking system operation due to their design and performance characteristics:
- Flexible – Un-handed design means it can be mounted on either side of the axle, resulting in fewer part numbers to order and lower inventory levels. External brackets are unnecessary.
- Compact – Its compact housing clears the axle and adjacent chassis components and fits applications other slacks may not.
- Consistent – Its unique combination of clearance-sensing technology and apply-stroke adjustment capability creates one of the most consistent and dependable brake applications in the industry.
- Refined – Delivers finer braking adjustments than other standard slack adjusters in the marketplace for improved stopping distance performance.
For more information on Gunite ASAs
For additional product and warranty information, as well as a complete list of Gunite automatic slack adjusters, visit http://www.accuridewheelendsolutions.com/products/slack-adjusters/.
About Accuride Corporation
With headquarters in Evansville, Ind., USA, Accuride Corporation is a leading supplier of components to the North American commercial vehicle industry. The company’s products include commercial vehicle wheels; wheel-end components and assemblies; and specialty cast-iron components for a range of agricultural, construction and mining, and oil and gas equipment applications. The company’s products are marketed under its brand names, which include Accuride®, Accuride Wheel End SolutionsTM, Gunite®, and BrillionTM. Accuride’s common stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol ACW. For more information, visit the Company’s website at http://www.AccurideCorp.com.