SANTA MONICA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--On the heels of a banner year in which eHarmony brought in more new subscribers than any other year in its history, the company today announced that it will launch a globalization initiative to add one new country per quarter to its service. With a membership base that already represents 150 countries, eHarmony is now building cost effective, region-specific versions of eHarmony that will create a robust experience, customized for each country.
“Having completed more than 10 billion matches, eHarmony is still the only resource that uses research-based algorithms and data analysis to identify individuals who are compatible with one another,” said Dr. Neil Clark Warren, founder and CEO of eHarmony. “Our capabilities are more powerful than they have ever been. We are adding new areas as well as new verticals to our business that will harness our expertise in compatibility to improve other relationships as well. We are on the cusp of realizing the potential in the eHarmony brand, and we anticipate significant growth in 2015.”
Throughout 2014, eHarmony accomplished significant milestones which included:
- Reaching the highest number of subscribers in company history
- Achieving the highest level of new registrants, company profitability and revenue in several years
- Raising user engagement with users staying 45% longer on eHarmony.com than in prior years, despite the number of free apps in the market
- Completing the hiring of a highly-aligned and effective Executive Team
- Securing the space for new company headquarters in Westwood, California with top of building signage
- Dr. John T. Cacioppo, of the University of Chicago, published an article in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), that proved a low 3.86% divorce rate among eHarmony couples
- The profitable launch of eH+, the company’s premium, personal matchmaking service
- A plan to launch Elevated Careers, powered by eHarmony, a job matching service based on compatibility, by mid-2015
- The completion of an IT infrastructure refresh built to support significant growth in 2014 and anticipated growth in 2015
- Registered member totals rising to 61 million
- Reducing marketing spend while increasing subscribers and revenue
- The eHarmony mobile app reaching the top 25 revenue generating apps in the iTunes store
During 2015, eHarmony expects to launch Elevated Careers in a phased roll out that will include Alpha and Beta versions with full roll out anticipated by the end of Q2.
For more information or to join eHarmony, please visit us at eHarmony.com.
About eHarmony, Inc.
Santa Monica, California-based eHarmony, Inc. (www.eharmony.com) was founded in 2000 and is a pioneer in using relationship science to create highly compatible relationships based on key dimensions of personality that are scientifically proven to predict the most compatible, highly successful, long-term relationships. On average, 542 people marry every day in the U.S. as a result of eHarmony, nearly 5% of new marriages.* eHarmony operates online services in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Australia.
*2009 survey conducted for eHarmony by Harris Interactive®.