DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The UFC® returns to Los Angeles with the biggest fight in women’s MMA as Fathom Events and the UFC® bring UFC® 184: ROUSEY vs. ZINGANO to movie theaters nationwide on February 28 at 10:00 p.m. ET / 9:00 p.m. CT / 8:00 p.m. MT / 7:00 p.m. PT, broadcast live from the Staples Center. The time is now for two of the sport’s best to collide as fight fans are set to witness a hard-hitting five-round women’s bantamweight title showdown as “Rowdy” Ronda Rousey (10-0) looks to remain the only undefeated champion in women’s bantamweight history when she squares off against no. 1 contender “Alpha” Cat Zingano (9-0).
Tickets to watch UFC® 184: ROUSEY vs. ZINGANO on the big screen are available at participating theater box offices and at www.FathomEvents.com. The event will be presented in more than 300 select movie theaters around the country through Fathom’s Digital Broadcast Network. For a complete list of theater locations, visit the Fathom Events website (theaters and participants are subject to change).
In the UFC® 184 co-main event, former world boxing champion and current undefeated women’s bantamweight Holly Holm (7-0, fighting out of Albuquerque, NM) makes her long-awaited UFC® debut against exciting contender Raquel “Rocky” Pennington (5-5, fighting out of Colorado Springs, CO).
Other bouts for UFC 184 include:
- In a welterweight battle Jake "The Juggernaut" Ellenberger (29-9, fighting out of Lake Forest, CA) takes on Josh Koscheck (19-8, fighting out of Fresno, CA).
- Alan “Brahma” Jouban (10-3, fighting out of L.A., CA) will face Richard “Filthy” Walsh (8-3, fighting out of Sydney, Australia) in a welterweight bout.
- In a welterweight bout, Tony “El Cucuy” Ferguson (18-3, fighting out of Ventura, CA) will square off against Yancy Medeiros (11-2, fighting out of Honolulu, HI).
- “The Filipino Wrecking Machine” Mark Munoz (13-5, fighting out of Lake Forest, CA) is set to battle Roan “Jucao” Carneiro (19-9, fighting out of Rio De Janeiro, Brazil) in a middleweight bout.
- In a bantamweight bout, Roman “El Gallito” Salazar (9-3, fighting out of Tucson, AZ) will take on Norifumi “Kid” Yamamoto (18-6, fighting out of Kanagawa, Japan).
- Dhiego Lima (11-2, fighting out of Atlanta, GA by way of Goiana, Brazil) will square off against Tim “The Dirty Bird” Means (22-6, fighting out of Albuquerque, N.M.) in a welterweight showdown.
- “The Black Beast” Derrick Lewis (11-3, fighting out of New Orleans, LA) is set to battle Ruan “Fangzz” Potts (8-3, fighting out of Boksburg, South Africa) in a heavyweight bout.
- In a lightweight bout, “The James Krause” (21-6, fighting out of Lee's Summit, MO) will face Valmir “Bidu” Lazaro (12-3, fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil).
- Masio Fullen (9-4, fighting out of Guadalajara, Mexico) will take on Alex “Rolo” Torres (2-1 of Bogotá, Colombia) in a featherweight bout.
The full fight card is available at http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC184#/fight.
“Following the success and excitement of UFC® 183, we are thrilled to partner with UFC to bring another night of nonstop live action to movie theaters across the nation,” said Fathom Events Vice President of Programming Kymberli Frueh-Owens. “Boasting several of the sport’s top athletes, UFC 184 is sure to be a star-studded showdown on the big screen.”
For more information or current fight news, visit www.ufc.com. All bouts are live and subject to change.
About Fathom Events
Fathom Events is owned by a newly formed entity called AC JV, LLC. Fathom is the recognized leader in the alternative entertainment industry, offering a variety of one-of-a-kind entertainment events in movie theaters nationwide that include live, high-definition performances of the Metropolitan Opera, the performing arts, major sporting events, music concerts, comedy series, Broadway shows, original programming featuring entertainment’s biggest stars, socially relevant documentaries with audience Q&A and much more. Additionally, Fathom events take audiences behind-the-scenes and offer unique extras – creating the ultimate entertainment experience for fans of all ages. Co-owned by the three largest movie theater circuits in the United States, AMC Entertainment Inc. (NYSE: AMC), Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK) and Regal Entertainment Group (NYSE: RGC), Fathom’s live digital broadcast network (“DBN”) is the largest cinema broadcast network in North America, bringing live events to more than 775 locations in 171 Designated Market Areas® (including all of the top 50). For more information, visit www.fathomevents.com.
About the Ultimate Fighting Championship®
Owned and operated by Zuffa, LLC, the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC®) is the premier mixed martial arts (MMA) organization and largest pay-per-view event provider in the world. Headquartered in Las Vegas with offices in London, Toronto, Singapore and Sao Paulo, UFC produces more than 40 live events annually that consistently sell out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe. UFC programming is broadcast in 129 countries and territories to nearly 800 million TV households worldwide in 28 different languages. The UFC has a multi-year broadcast agreement with FOX in the U.S., which annually includes four live events broadcast on the FOX network, as well as The Ultimate Fighter® reality television show and thousands of hours of programming on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2. In 2014, UFC launched UFC FIGHT PASS™, a digital subscription service with exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand and original content. The UFC organization also licenses over 100 UFC GYM® locations, and owns UFC.TV® (offering live event broadcasts and video on-demand around the world), UFC FIT™ (an in-home fitness and nutrition program), UFC Magazine, and has a videogame franchise with EA SPORTS, UFC Fight Club®, UFC Fan Expo®, UFC branded apparel, DVDs and Blu-rays and Topps Trading Cards. For more information, visit UFC.com and follow UFC at Facebook.com/UFC, Twitter and Instagram: @UFC.