REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Punch-Out!! – Did you miss out on the Punch-Out!! game when it launched for the Wii console? Now you can download it in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U! Little Mac is back and ready to slug his way through some of the most outlandish boxers for a chance to win the Championship Belt. Hook, jab and swing through a hilarious cast of opponents in this modern update of the classic Punch-Out!! Also, get Punch-Out!! for 50 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 29.
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Virtual Console on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- S.C.A.T. – Alien invaders have landed on Earth and seek to conquer it. In response, Earth has sent soldiers from the Special Cybernetic Attack Team (S.C.A.T.) to meet them on the battlefield. Play solo or with a friend as you battle through five stages of enemies and bosses in the name of saving humanity from total annihilation. S.C.A.T. is now available in the Nintendo eShop on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
Nintendo eShop Sales:
Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- It’s week two of the Throwback Sale! Save up to 50 percent on select games of past and current Nintendo console generations. This week’s sale starts at 9 a.m. PT on Jan. 22 and ends at 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 29.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Only one week left to take advantage of deals on hit indie games with the Super Indie Connection Sale #2. Now through 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 29, fans who already own any participating games or purchase one at full price during this promotion will receive 60 percent off other participating games.
- Super Toy Cars is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 29.
- Darts Up is 40 percent off (reduced from $2.49 to $1.49) until 8:59am PT on Feb. 19.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Also new this week:
- Breezeblox (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Midnight (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Undead Storm Nightmare – Full and Demo Versions (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please contact Deanna Avila at 213-438-8742 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Users can receive instant Nintendo information by subscribing to the site’s RSS feed.