DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zghm9r/impact_of_smart) has announced the addition of the "Impact of Smart Fabrics in Key Applications " report to their offering.
This research service offers a detailed assessment on technological advancements and impact of Smart Fabrics in key sectors such as healthcare, PPE and Sports and Fitness. Geographical hotspots have been identified with corrective selection of the top emerging applications. This research also highlights new innovations and the emerging opportunities of smart fabrics in selected sectors.
- Smart fabrics for personal protective equipment (PPE) is an emerging sector for smart fabrics and textiles compared to other sectors such as sports and health care. The major challenge for integrating smart fabrics in PPE is the harsh environment that the fabrics will be exposed to.
- Smart fabrics or textiles are primarily for defense applications within the PPE sector. The major global footprint for smart fabrics in PPE sector is in the United States mainly because of the high demand from the defense sector.
- Smart fabrics in healthcare, and sports & fitness industries have immense potential in the next 10 years. Smart shirts and vests are bound to be disruptive wearable technologies in the healthcare space. Measurement of heart rate, blood oxygen saturation, ECG, pulse rate and skin temperature are some of applications possible with smart fabrics in this space.
- Smart fabrics for athletes will include better quality fabric materials capable of effective moisture release and tracking body motion and fatigue. With the help of patented polymers and better wireless connectivity, sports professionals will be able to monitor their health vitals more closely.
- Improvements in device fabrication, miniaturization and integration techniques for effective embedding of electronic components into fabrics are driving further penetration of smart fabrics into various industry sectors.
- Rapid adoption of smart fabrics was triggered predominantly due to the extent in adoption of smart fabrics in the defense industry. Smart fabrics are used for weather condition jackets or uniforms capable of enhancing camouflage effects.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Technology Snapshot
3. Emerging Global Trends
4. Impact Assessment and Analysis
5. Emerging Opportunities Evaluation
6. Key Patents
7. Key Contacts
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zghm9r/impact_of_smart