LAS VEGAS & LONG BEACH, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--2015 International CES, Sands Expo Booth 74728 Epson America is showcasing the power of its Moverio™ BT-200 smart glasses for augmented reality experiences with consumer and enterprise applications from a variety of developers at the 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show this week in Las Vegas at the Epson America booth #74728 in the Sands Convention Center.
Leveraging the unique capabilities of the Moverio BT-200 platform, new consumer applications will be demonstrated that transform the gaming experience with real-world interaction, education and training applications that enable new ways to learn and retain information, and industrial applications that provide workers with greater efficiency and safety.
The Moverio BT-200 offers an unparalleled binocular smart glasses experience optimized for augmented reality applications. Micro projectors located on each side of the lens project transparent overlays of digital content directly in the user’s field of view over the real-world environment. In addition to the Moverio BT-200’s sensors for head-motion tracking and hands-free navigation, the smart glasses include a front-facing camera for video as well as image capture that detects real-world markers for augmented reality applications.
“Since launching the Moverio BT-200 smart glasses last year, we have seen tremendous interest from developers in leveraging the platform’s augmented reality capabilities for exciting new consumer and enterprise apps,” said Eric Mizufuka, product manager, New Ventures for Epson America. “These applications by these developers demonstrate the incredible benefits that can be gained by viewing and interacting with digital content woven into the everyday environment.”
Following are the demonstrations scheduled at the Epson booth:
- LyteShot – Merging the physical and digital worlds that turns any place in the world into a gaming arena, the LyteShot integrated platform delivers an endless supply of games from live-action role-playing games, FPS shooters, new variations of games of tag with obstacles, scavenger hunts with challenges, and adventures with complex storylines.
- PlayAR – A multiplayer live action game that turns the entire planet into an editable, augmented reality game with digital content overlaid on top of real-world objects. Users control real-world land, and can play against their friends or team up and play against neighboring towns, states and or even countries. Users can upload their own crazy weapons, fortifications, robots, vehicles and body armor.
- EON Experience VR -- Focused on education and training using augmented reality, immersive virtual reality, and interactive experiences, EON Experience VR is designed for higher education, vocational training, and edutainment experiences to help students and trainees learn by doing and visualizing complex concepts.
- NGRAIN – An advanced manufacturing aide on the Moverio BT-200 using augmented reality to help coordinate and execute activities on the shop floor.
- Aero Glass – Brings affordable augmented reality to aviation with an unparalleled 3D, 360-degree experience in the cockpit, regardless of the visibility conditions. The app addresses pilots' need to properly visualize terrain, navigation, traffic, instrument, weather, and airspace information with access to vital safety procedures and protocols.
- Augumenta – Demonstrating gesture-based control software featuring a vocabulary of eight dynamic gestures that allows hand signals to be used as commands. The Roshambo Reloaded game – a variation of the classic "Rock, Paper, Scissors" that is now available on the Moverio Apps Market – will illustrate how Augumenta’s software easily executes command sequences on the Moverio BT-200.
- Scope AR – Showcasing how Moverio augmented reality display can be used to train a technician in a common maintenance routine for a fuel pump assembly. This is one example of how Scope AR's step-by-step platform on the Moverio BT-200 can be used in initial training or field maintenance work instructions.
- Metaio – Highlighting its new 1:1 camera calibration tool on the Moverio BT-200 smart glasses with optical see-through augmented reality demonstrations for industrial and manufacturing environments.
- APX Labs – Will showcase its latest Skylight software platform that companies use to create Moverio smart glasses applications for business scenarios where you need hands-free, in-context, real time information right where work is getting done.
- Rochester Optical – Showcasing its array of lens’s optimized for the Moverio glasses with different shades, colors and darkness settings.
The Epson Moverio BT-200 smart glasses are available through select online retailers and direct from Epson for MSRP $699.99. For complete Moverio BT-200 specifications and additional information, visit www.epson.com/MoverioBT200. For more information regarding the Moverio Developer Program, please visit the dedicated site here.
For more information on all Epson products being showcased at CES, visit www.epson.com/ces.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader whose product lineup ranges from inkjet printers and 3LCD projectors to sensors and other microdevices. Dedicated to exceeding the vision of its customers worldwide, Epson delivers customer value based on compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies in markets spanning enterprise and the home to commerce and industry.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 72,000 employees in 94 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: www.epson.com.
Specifications are subject to change without notice. EPSON, TFP and WorkForce are registered trademarks, PrecisionCore is a trademark, and EPSON Exceed Your Vision is a registered logomark of Seiko Epson Corporation. Wi-Fi Direct® is a registered trademarks and Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ is a trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®. All other product and brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies. Epson disclaims any and all rights in these marks. Copyright 2014 Epson America, Inc.