LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Petnet(io), a Smart Home company, today announced that it has been named a 2015 CES Innovation Awards Honoree in the Software and Mobile Apps, and Home Appliance categories for its SmartFeeder, the world’s first intelligent pet feeding device (currently being launched in beta). The prestigious CES Innovation Awards are sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) and products chosen reflect innovative design and engineering in some of the most cutting edge tech products and services coming to market.
“We're thrilled to be recognized by the CEA, for excellence in these categories,” said Carlos Herrera, co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of Petnet(io). “Utilizing our expertise in modern design and technology, we developed a SmartFeeder which truly empowers pet owners to feed their pets more wisely – helping their pets live longer, happier lives while saving money along the way.”
The SmartFeeder integrates with a smartphone – seamlessly fitting into the way people live their lives today. The SmartFeeder system uses intelligent software algorithms and sensors, along with a pet’s specific information to estimate servings in precise measurements. The product provides pet owners with the peace of mind that comes with knowing that their pets will be fed the proper amounts of the right food. Key features of the SmartFeeder include:
- Remote feeding: Control a pet’s feedings from a smartphone, tablet or laptop with the ability of adjusting feeding schedules in real-time, from anywhere.
- Automated schedules: Manage feeding times, portion sizes, and food dispensing speed – all tailored specifically for the pet’s age, weight, and level of activity.
- Feeding insights: Matches each pet with ideal ingredients and precisely measured food portions, potentially saving hundreds of dollars per year.
- Alerts and notifications: Receive notifications on a smartphone, tablet, or laptop about feeding times, meal confirmations, food inventory, and battery life.
- Food subscriptions and home delivery: Automatically tracks a pet’s food inventory and orders more food when needed. There are thousands of quality pet foods to choose from.
- Beautiful design: The sleek design elements and premium materials allow for proud display of the SmartFeeder anywhere in the home, while the sturdy construction and pet proof features can stand up to even the most clever pet.
SmartFeeder Beta 02
The company is launching its second phase of the SmartFeeder Beta program called “SmartFeeder Beta 02”. The beta program will allow Petnet to test thousands of units with real pet owners and in real life situations. Set to retail at $249 in Q2 2015, participants of the beta program will receive their beta units free of charge when they preorder their final unit. Additionally, beta participants will receive $50 of free food for their participation. Those interested in experiencing the benefits of a SmartFeeder can visit www.petnet.io to reserve a beta unit for testing.
“Our pets are part of the family – and nothing is more important than feeding them the right kind of food and keeping them healthy and happy,” said Dustin Morales, Chief Creative Officer at Petnet(io). “With thousands of food choices in the market, we know pet owners are often confused by what and how much to feed their pet – leading to overfeeding and poor food choices. The SmartFeeder is a pet food concierge, guiding pet owners to the perfect food decision without the hassle."
Relevant Facts about the Pet Industry:
- In the U.S., there are about 180 million dogs and cats, hence there are actually more households with pets than with children.
- According to the 2013 APOP survey, almost 53% of dogs and 58% of cats in the U.S. are overweight or obese.
- The estimated lifetime cost of weight-related illnesses such as heart disease and diabetes could easily exceed $10,000.
- According to Euromonitor, almost $70 billion will be spent on pet food in 2014. This averages out to almost 5 million food purchases per day.
Petnet(io) is driven by a team of designers, engineers and pet food experts who are committed to developing innovative products, using cutting edge technology, that empower pet owners to make the healthiest choices for their pets. The team has decades of working experience from world-class companies like Northrop Grumman, TBWA Chiat Day, Apple, and Nest.
Petnet has developed an intelligent and custom food evaluation and portioning system, tailored to a pet’s type, age, weight, and level of activity. The SmartFeeder provides pet owners with the peace of mind that they can leave their pets and know they will be fed on time, with the proper proportions. Petnet's app monitors the purchasing habits of its pet owners, providing tips and recommendations, and helping to connect pet owners with brands they can trust. Petnet believes pet food information should be transparent and widely accessible, enabling pet owners to make the healthiest choices for their pets.