MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Crazybaby, an audio company focused on the intersection of emotion, sound and devices, today announced Mars by Crazybaby, the first levitation speaker system with a subwoofer. Designed as a floating spaceship speaker, Mars will take off when fully charged and self-land when power is low, and is a wireless and portable speaker with hi-fi sound.
“While many audio products on the market feature either good sound quality, cool design or an affordable price, no product delivers all three – until now,” said Linda Zhao, co-founder, Crazybaby. “We created Mars to offer an innovative, affordable, and visually captivating speaker with an unparalleled listening experience.”
The UFO-shaped Mars speaker system incorporates Gravitron® technology by Levitation Arts, aptX™ codec by CSR and Bluetooth 4.0 by SIG.
“Gravitron® is our patented, state-of-the-art levitation technology. We are excited that Crazybaby is using it to enhance the consumer experience of their great speaker and melding it with a cool elegant design," said Karen Sherlock, CEO and Co-Founder of Levitation Arts.
The Mars speaker system features the levitating Mars Craft and the subwoofer Base Station. With a 1.75-inch full range speaker driver along with a 4.5-inch subwoofer, Mars delivers high fidelity sound.
Additional Waterproof Mars Craft features include:
- Hi-fi Sound Powered by aptX®, a proprietary audio coding technology that provides the same quality as a CD over Bluetooth.
- Hi-fi quality includes 200Hz-20KHz for the Mars Craft and 50Hz-180Hz for the Mars base.
- 360 Degree Sound Projection assures that everyone gets the same sound anywhere in the room.
- Ultrathin and lightweight, the portable design weighs 1.5 pounds and measures 120 mm in diameter and is a thin 33 mm in height.
- Airline quality aluminum, the Craft is durable as well as waterproof to IPX7 standard, which allows for immersion in water for up to 30 minutes at a depth of three feet.
- The Mars Craft charges automatically by just placing the Craft on the Base. When power is low, the Craft lands and charges to full capacity then levitates to signal a full charge.
- Innovative design: with a floating spaceship design, the Mars system is a beautifully crafted piece of art and an instant conversation piece for the tech-savvy home.
- Auto Volume: the Bluetooth module inside Mars Craft detects the distance between itself and the connected device, and adjusts volume based on distance.
- High-Sensitivity Microphone features a built-in high-sensitivity wideband electret microphone and Bluetooth pairing for high-quality audio, whether you are on a personal or conference call.
The Mars Base Station includes Gravitron® levitation technology in addition to the following features:
- Eight hours of continuous playback and features a built-in rechargeable Lithium-Polymer battery in the base.
- Built in 10,000mAh battery will charge up to two devices at the same time.
With the Mars App (available for iOS and Android) consumers can:
- Select “Auto Volume” to adjust the volume based on your proximity to the Mars Base.
- Pair with and broadcast music to multiple Mars speakers at once. Consumers can pair two speaks for a true stereo experience.
Price and availability:
The Mars speaker system launches today on Crazybaby.com and on Indiegogo. To pre-order Mars, visit www.crazybaby.com. Mars will sell for $249. The first 500 supporters of the crowdfunding campaign that launches today can pre-order Mars for only $149. Devices will ship in April 2015.
Crazybaby is an audio company focused on the intersection of emotion, sound, and devices. Crazybaby was founded on the Steve Jobs belief that the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do. Based in Shenzhen China, the Crazybaby team has decades of collective experience in acoustic engineering, along with expertise in industrial design, software, supply chain, manufacturing and marketing. For more information, visit www.crazybaby.com.