LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NextGen Healthcare Information Systems, LLC., a wholly owned subsidiary of Quality Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: QSII) and a leading provider of healthcare information systems and connectivity solutions, today unveiled of a range of solutions designed to enhance and extend the usability and flexibility of its electronic health record (EHR) platform for both physician practices and patients. According to the Beryl Institute’s Patient Experience Benchmarking Study, patient experience remains the top priority among American hospitals and hospital systems.
Thousands of the Company’s clients attending the annual NextGen Healthcare Users Group Meeting (UGM) in Las Vegas today got an exclusive first look at new, cloud-based solutions that offer higher levels of patient engagement, better coordinated care through open interoperability and support value-based care delivery.
The innovative tools introduced during UGM Include:
- Mobile Patient Portal: Currently, nearly 12 million patients across 2,000+ practices are enrolled in NextGen® Patient Portal, representing approximately 45 percent of the company’s client base. With the launch of Mobile Patient Portal, patients can view present and historical medical records and lab results, and refer to educational resources to better understand and track their course of treatment. Ultimately, this real-time sharing of medical records saves practice staff members significant time as patients can update their medical history, allergies, insurance and demographic information and also request medication refills rather than contacting the physician or practice directly. Mobile Patient Portal is expected to enhance efficiency, improve communication and help control costs.
- NextGen® EHR iOS7 app expands NextGen Healthcare’s mobility efforts through this natively integrated app designed for iPad® users. A complete, real-time solution designed to optimize workflow and productivity for physicians in high-volume settings, the NextGen EHR iOS7 app enables clinicians to review a chart before entering the exam room; input real-time information such as vitals and medications from the exam room, and access EHR information after hours with a quick, simple swipe of the screen.
- NextGen® Care is a comprehensive and coordinated population health management solution that supports value-based care by providing clients with a data-driven approach to patient population that proactively manages and improves both care and outcomes while encouraging disease management and prevention. The enhanced feature set includes risk stratification, care management, patient enrollment, referral management, data sharing, analytics and a Patient Population Hub designed to empower the provider to more efficiently manage a large patient population.
- NextGen® Share is a national Health Information Service Provider (HISP) enabling clients to connect with external providers using industry standards widely adopted by ONC 2014 Edition certified EHR technology. NextGen Share is the first joint solution release from NextGen Healthcare and Mirth, a subsidiary of Quality Systems. NextGen Share ensures secure connectivity between NextGen Healthcare and non-NextGen Healthcare providers, and equips them with Direct Secure Messaging capabilities for efficient coordination of care and meeting Meaningful Use Stage 2 Transitions of Care objective.
- NextGen® Now is a new, open platform, cloud-based solution with a single user experience, slated for initial launch in 2015. Built on a framework that includes database tools, clinical documentation, development tool sets, and standards, NextGen Now will combine functionalities of the NextGen Ambulatory EHR and Practice Management solution suite architected for cloud-based performance. Its open and interoperable platform will enable vendor, partner and client communications as well as enhancements and toolsets without the impediment of disparate systems and proprietary technology silos.
“As the technology-enabled, patient-centric healthcare landscape continues to evolve, providers need both immediate solutions and seasoned HIT partners that bring strategic vision and a long-term innovation roadmap to ensure they remain viable,” explained Steven T. Plochocki, president and chief executive officer for Quality Systems, Inc.
“We’re leveraging our Users Group Meeting to showcase our abilities to this end, and demonstrate firsthand how we are rapidly helping our clients adapt to the changing face of healthcare and technology integration. This forum allows our clients to see, learn and discuss in detail the benefits of NextGen products and services. Concurrently, this platform demonstrates how our expanding functionality directly correlates with industry developments and emerging healthcare delivery improvement trends. We are constantly sharing detailed strategies with our clients to ensure they are armed with not only the best technology solutions but also the necessary clinical, financial and administrative integration tools and secure data sharing capabilities to succeed. Our solutions help clients create a more interactive experience with their patients, ultimately resulting in improved outcomes, reduced risk and lower costs,” Plochocki concluded.
Over the course of UGM’s three days at Mandalay Bay Resort, Las Vegas, NextGen Healthcare thought leaders, product experts, and clients will share best practices, receive hands-on product training and participate in more than 250 educational sessions. Physicians have an opportunity to earn continuing medical education (CME) credits during 30+ CMD-approved sessions.
About NextGen Healthcare
NextGen Healthcare Information Systems, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Quality Systems, Inc., provides integrated clinical, connectivity and financial solutions, including revenue cycle management services for ambulatory, inpatient and dental provider organizations. For more information, please visit www.nextgen.com and www.qsii.com. Follow NextGen Healthcare on Twitter at www.twitter.com/nextgen, Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/NextGenHealthcare or LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/nextgen-healthcare-information-systems.
Certain statements in this news release are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws, including but not limited to those statements related to the Company’s future products and offerings, the future use of the Company’s products and statements made by Steven T. Plochocki related to the Company’s future products and offerings, and developments and trends in the healthcare industry. These statements are based on current expectations of future events. If underlying assumptions prove inaccurate or unknown risks or uncertainties materialize, actual results could vary materially from the Company’s expectations and projections. Factors that could cause the anticipated results to differ from those described in the forward-looking statements include the possibility that products will not achieve or sustain market acceptance; the impact of incentive payments under The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act on sales and the ability of the Company to meet continued certification requirements; the development by competitors of new or superior technologies; the timing, cost and success or failure of new product and service introductions, development and product upgrade releases; undetected errors or bugs in our software; changing economic, political or regulatory influences in the healthcare industry; availability of third-party products and components; competitive pressures including product offerings, pricing and promotional activities; the Company's ability or inability to attract and retain qualified personnel; possible regulation of the Company's software by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration; and general economic conditions. Additional risks and uncertainties are set forth in the Company’s public filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including the discussion under the heading "Risk Factors" in the Company’s most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and any subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements except as required by law.
© 2014 Quality Systems, Inc., Irvine, CA 92612
“iPad®” is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc.
All other ® marks owned by Quality Systems, Inc.
All other non-QSI Marks are the property of their respective owners