ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Samsung Electronics America Inc. announced today that its Galaxy Tab Active, Samsung’s first tablet built specifically for business, is available in the U.S. for pre-order and will be shipping at the end of the month. With its ruggedized, portable design, the Galaxy Tab Active is an ideal device for professionals to work without limitation in and out of the office. The product will be shown at the Samsung Booth, #5 and #6 in the Atlantic Exhibit Hall from October 6 – 9.
Companies in a number of vertical industries provided feedback for the development of the product, consistent with Samsung’s people inspired innovation. “This device represents Samsung’s commitment to develop a customer-centric model that can be used for vertical integration across all key industries,” said Tod Pike, senior vice president at Samsung’s Enterprise Business Division. “Samsung continues to develop new products with feedback from professionals to change the way people think about technology for business.”
Samsung engaged in a series of advisory group workshops with Fortune 500 companies in order to learn what business leaders wanted from a mobile device. Companies spanning across 12 different industries were represented including retail, logistics and transportation businesses. Samsung combined the results from the workshops with its own market insight for the creation of the Galaxy Tab Active.
The Galaxy Tab Active is designed for harsh work environments with its durable design and enterprise-ready capabilities. The product features a slim, yet premium design with a replaceable battery for workplace efficiency. Additional features include:
- Anti-shock protection, including increased durability for drops of up to 1.2m/4ft when bundled with protective case and elastic material cover for the 8-inch display.
- IP67 certified to tolerate temporary submersion underwater and prevent entry of dust or debris.
- Citrix® Ready and SAP®-certified for SAP’s Work Manager and CRM Service Manager applications. Additional ISV certification announcements are planned in the near future.
- A removable battery, ensuring business continuity with up to 10 hours of extra continuous operation and easy replacement.
- A convenient POGO charging connector, providing a durable charging solution for multiple devices and preventing micro-USB connector damage.
- An integrated C-Pen technology system for handwriting and note-taking that offers an alternative input device for professionals who may have to wear protective gloves.
- NFC-enabled to allow for easy data exchange with other devices.
- Defense-grade, comprehensive mobile security through Samsung Knox™ keeping applications and data safe.
The WiFi version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab Active is available in the U.S. for pre-order and will be shipping at the end of the month. For more information about Samsung’s business and vertical market solutions, please visit samsung.com/business or call 1-866-SAM-4BIZ. Follow us on Twitter @SamsungBizUSA.
About Samsung Electronics America Enterprise Business Division
As a global leader in Information Technology, Samsung’s Enterprise Business Division (EBD) is committed to introducing new business experiences across a diverse spectrum of industries from retail to healthcare, hospitality to sales. We believe technology brings business and customers together — to better share, collaborate and discover new opportunities. With a market-oriented approach to innovation, EBD is a division of Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), a U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Company, Ltd. (SEC). For more information, please visit samsung.com/business., call 1-866-SAM-4BIZ or follow Samsung EBD via Twitter: @SamsungBizUSA.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, cameras, home appliances, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 286,000 people across 80 countries with annual sales of US$216.7 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.