NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, United Against Nuclear Iran’s (UANI) counsel Lee Wolosky of Boies, Schiller & Flexner, LLP and Brian Stack of Stack, Fernandez, Harris & Anderson, P.A., issued the following statement regarding Victor Restis and Enterprises Shipping and Trading (EST) in response to media interest and inquiries.
Lee Wolosky and Brian Stack stated:
In order to deflect attention from his numerous criminal and civil problems, Victor Restis last year filed a meritless complaint in the United States against UANI. His complaint falsely stated that he did no business in Iran. Mr. Restis then declined to come to the United States to testify under oath about his dealings in Iran. We expect Mr. Restis’ lawsuit to be dismissed.
Without hesitation UANI will continue to speak out against those who undermine the security of the United States, our friends and allies by doing business in Iran.
To clarify a number of matters that have been falsely raised by Mr. Restis in his attempts to deflect attention from his own conduct:
- UANI has never sought or received funds from any foreign individual.
- UANI has never sought or received funds from any business about which UANI has expressed concerns regarding business with Iran.
- No UANI Advisory Board member was consulted in connection with or directed any of UANI's concerns relating to Restis' Iran dealings.
- No donor to UANI has ever sought to influence or direct UANI's activities, including as related to Mr. Restis and EST.
- We are unaware of any donor to UANI who even knows Mr. Restis, much less that competes in any way with Mr. Restis' businesses.