OSHKOSH, Wis.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Wearable technology is becoming so common, some researchers say 2014 will be known as the year of wearable technology. It is also predicted that the demand for wearable technology will exceed tablet demand by year-end, yet the majority of businesses report they are unprepared to manage this trend.
4imprint’s newest Blue Papers®, podcasts and infographic, Wearable Technology, Part 1 discusses the basics of wearable technology and the workplace opportunities it creates. Wearable Technology, Part 2 discusses the pros and cons of integrating wearable technology into the workplace and considerations for doing so.
For wearable technology to positively impact business, both cost and risk must be managed. These Blue Papers examine the privacy issues, security concerns and network traffic spikes that wearable technology can bring and practical ways wearables can help accomplish and streamline simple business tasks.
“Companies who are looking for new ways to provide information to customers, offer additional information during the sales process or enhance a wellness program may find these Blue Papers helpful,” said Greg Ebel, vice president of sales and marketing, 4imprint. “These Blue Papers look at both the wearables trend and how it will impact the workplace.”
The Blue Papers and podcasts include:
- Wearable technology basics including a brief history
- Examples of wearable technology applications for the workplace such as fitness wristbands, smart watches and wearable computers
- Wearable technology benefits including more accurate expense tracking, business card distribution and instant access to sales data
- The challenges associated with wearables including cost, privacy and security issues
- Ways to prepare businesses for wearable technology implementation including network preparation, the creation of use policies and security reviews
- Tips for IT and HR professionals preparing for wearables at work
About 4imprint Blue Papers
4imprint Blue Papers are in-depth, how-to articles, distributed to 4imprint customers to help their organizations succeed. Blue Papers have covered popular, cutting-edge topics such as podcasting, online social media, search engine optimization (SEO) and experiential marketing.
4imprint is part of 4imprint Group, Plc, a publicly traded company on the London Stock Exchange, serving more than 100,000 businesses with promotional items throughout the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Ireland. 4imprint offers corporate gifts, personalized gifts, custom t-shirts, promotional pens, travel mugs, tote bags, water bottles, Post-it® Notes, custom calendars, custom shirts and much more. For additional information, visit www.4imprint.com.