SUNNYVALE, Calif. & SYDNEY--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE), a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced that Outlook Gardens Aged Care has implemented Aerohive’s enterprise-class wireless networking solution to enable higher levels of care with Wi-Fi and EMR to its residents.
- Based in Victoria, Australia, Outlook Gardens Aged Care provides highest levels of physical, emotional, spiritual and social care to its patients and residents. Operational since 1994, the Aged Care Facility has recently undergone significant upgrades and extensions in order to be able to cater for older residents in need of daily assistance.
- Outlook Gardens relies on a wide range of technologies, including electronic medical records (EMRs), wireless medical devices, mobile devices and medical applications. As technology has become an integral part of aged care, secure wireless connectivity is vital for Outlook Gardens to provide high-quality medical care to patients within its Aged Care facility.
- With its legacy wireless platform, Outlook Gardens could not deploy a mobile-first strategy and needed a next-generation wireless LAN to be able to run an uninterrupted electronic nurse care system on mobile devices, such as smartphones, laptops and tablets.
- In order to enhance their level of service and care to patients, Outlook Gardens recognized the need for staff to be able to access and update patients’ EMR from anywhere within the facility. Walking back to their desktops to update or check medical records was not only inefficient but also time consuming and was not ideal in life threatening situations.
- With Aerohive’s wireless solution, Outlook Gardens staff members now have access to critical information at the point of care — be it downloading patient lists for the day or retrieving or updating EMRs while on-the-go. Easy access to critical information allows staff members to improve quality of care and patient satisfaction, reduce patient wait times, and ultimately improve clinical outcomes.
- Aerohive’s controller-less architecture allows for easy and cost-effective deployment. These benefits are especially important to Outlook Gardens in light of its upcoming expansion plan of the Aged Care facility. Outlook Gardens plans to add an extra 34 beds in a new building by September 2015 and needed a solution that’s easily scalable.
- Moreover, Aerohive provides Outlook Gardens with a robust wireless platform for any innovative patient care solutions. In September 2014, Outlook Gardens expects to implement Aerohive’s Vocera solution, a nurse-call VOIP system that allows staff members to communicate with each other from anywhere within the facility’s premises.
“With Aerohive’s enterprise-class Wi-Fi technology, Outlook Gardens is able to adopt a mobile-first approach for our EMR applications and therefore significantly improve the efficiency of our services. It provides our staff members with the ability to offer a higher level of care to our patients in many locations, without having to be connected by a wire,” said Dirk Schurink, Deputy General Manager at Outlook Gardens Aged Care.
“The deployment of Aerohive’s Wi-Fi technology has opened up a world of opportunities for Outlook Gardens. Having an enterprise-class wireless network in place is the foundation to our growth and improvement plans for patients at the facility,” said Dirk Schurink.
“The deployment of Aerohive’s technology was seamless and we had the ongoing support of Blueteq, the IT Service Provider and reseller of Aerohive, throughout the entire process,” added Dirk Schurink.
Peter Davison, Country Manager Australia and New Zealand at Aerohive said, “We are very happy to welcome Outlook Gardens Aged Care on-board. Over the past few years, Aerohive has seen a surge of customers in the health and aged care industry. We are thrilled to be helping businesses in that particular sector improve health services in Australia and New Zealand”.
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers and grow their business. Deployed in over 16,000 customers worldwide, Aerohive's proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver scalable, simplified, secure and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” is a registered trademark of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.