SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Citrix today announced customers who are empowering a mobile workforce with Citrix Workspace Suite™, which unites its market-leading virtualization, mobility, networking and cloud services technologies to make it even easier for people to work anywhere. Since the launch of Citrix Workspace Suite at Citrix Synergy™ in May 2014, customers around the world have embraced mobile workspaces, enabling thousands of people to gain instant, secure access to all apps, desktops, data and services from any device over any network. Citrix Workspace Suite addresses a critical industry need for a comprehensive and secure solution that integrates app and desktop virtualization, mobile app and device management, enterprise file sharing, WAN optimization and secure access to enable people to choose when, where and how work gets done.
Accelerated globalization and the rapid proliferation of devices and app platforms has made mobility in the workplace both an expectation and a necessity, driving dramatic changes in how IT organizations respond. Today, with 61 percent of information workers working outside the office1 and using an average of three or more devices daily for work purposes2, businesses are struggling to embrace business mobility. However, mobility is not just about improving IT – 67 percent of organizations state that leveraging mobile to improve their business’ ability to innovate is a high or critical priority3. Until now, organizations have had to rely on disparate technologies to support their desktop, mobile and app infrastructure, but standalone products are no longer meeting the requirements for a comprehensive business mobility strategy.
“Different jobs will require different tools, and a worker’s technology toolkit might include some permutation of a PC, tablet, smartphone, or even a wearable device,” wrote Forrester analyst Christian Kane in a recent report titled, The Future Of Mobile Device Management4. “A siloed management system that only works for mobile devices and not PCs will make it harder to take an employee-centric rather than a device-centric view.”
Citrix Workspace Suite brings together app, desktop, mobile and data services to provide people with a personalized mobile workspace that follows them no matter where they go, what device they use or how they are connected. This unique combination of Citrix technologies provides a comprehensive employee-centric unified management system for today’s evolving mobile workforce. Businesses are already leveraging the power of the industry’s most complete mobile workspace solution to simplify IT and reduce costs, while achieving increased business agility:
- Large healthcare network saves half a million dollars. A large hospital network faced three challenges: efficiently integrating acquired organizations and physicians, managing its Electronic Medical Records system across multiple hospitals and devices, and improving patient care by allowing doctors access to records and internal applications on any device while ensuring any technology solution would help the hospital maintain its HIPAA compliance. They found Citrix Workspace Suite was the ideal solution as it provided them a single, flexible solution to meet all of their needs, while providing a projected savings of $500k by 2017.
- Law enforcement agency goes from 0 to 60 in mobility. A law enforcement agency needed to address the costly management and support of their physical desktop and application environments, archaic methods of file sharing (e.g., burning to DVD and sending via postal service), and the reality that they needed to provide field workers with mobile devices and access to data. While evaluating solutions from Citrix and a competing vendor, they chose Citrix Workspace Suite because it is a complete mobility solution incorporating desktop and application delivery, secure data sharing and enterprise mobility management that can be used with any device.
- Energy company goes beyond mobile device management to fully embrace BYOD. A large natural gas producer had a single objective: move away from corporate-issued Blackberries to fully embrace BYOD. To do this, they needed a solution that had the security of Blackberry, while being able to deliver all of the mobile, web, SaaS and Windows apps their workforce needed. They found Citrix Workspace Suite, which includes secure email and web clients, would enable them to deliver a complete mobility strategy with app and desktop virtualization, mobile application management and access to enterprise-grade native mobile apps, all with a consistent user experience.
- Manufacturer uses mobile workspace infrastructure to future-proof their growing business. A rapidly growing manufacturer had an immediate need: they had recently expanded from two to four sites, with more growth expected, and needed to centralize IT and share data between locations. They also had an aging PC population, as well as a growing number of mobile devices coming into the environment. Given the scope of this project, they looked at multiple solutions, but found most were too expensive and did not have the complete set of functionality they needed to address their requirements. With Citrix Workspace Suite, they were able to accomplish all of their goals: centralize desktop and application management and delivery, securely share large files across sites, support the increasing number of mobile users and establish an infrastructure that will support their future growth.
- Announcement: Citrix Advances Innovation in Business Mobility
- Announcement: Citrix Introduces Industry’s Most Comprehensive Mobile Workspace Solution
- Blog: Introducing Citrix Workspace Suite. Business Mobility will never be the same.
- Blog: Citrix and Cisco collaborate to help customers embrace Mobile Workspaces
- Blog: Mobile Workspaces Enable Organizations To Keep Up With a Changing Workforce
- Blog: Mobile Workspaces – The Future of Work (and Life)
- Video: Mobile Workspaces Offer New Ways to Work
- Infographic: Mobile Workspaces Enable New Ways to Work
Citrix (NASDAQ: CTXS) is a leader in mobile workspaces, providing virtualization, mobility management, networking and cloud services to enable new ways to work better. Citrix solutions power business mobility through secure, personal workspaces that provide people with instant access to apps, desktops, data and communications on any device, over any network and cloud. This year Citrix is celebrating 25 years of innovation, making IT simpler and people more productive. With annual revenue in 2013 of $2.9 billion, Citrix solutions are in use at more than 330,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally. Learn more at www.citrix.com.
This release contains forward-looking statements which are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements in this release do not constitute guarantees of future performance. Those statements involve a number of factors that could cause actual results to differ materially, including risks associated with the impact of the global economy and uncertainty in the IT spending environment, revenue growth and recognition of revenue, products and services, their development and distribution, product demand and pipeline, economic and competitive factors, the Company’s key strategic relationships, acquisition and related integration risks as well as other risks detailed in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Citrix assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking information contained in this press release or with respect to the announcements described herein. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion and is subject to change without notice or consultation. The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not a commitment, promise or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions or incorporated into any contract.
© 2014 Citrix Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Citrix®, Citrix Synergy™ and Citrix Workspace Suite™ are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.
1 Forrester Research Inc., Business Technographics Application and Collaboration Workforce Survey, Q4 2013
3 Forrester Research Inc., Business Technographics Mobility Survey, Q2 2014
4 Forrester Research Inc., Brief: The Future of Mobile Device Management, June 2014