DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wdwv7x/competitor) has announced the addition of the "Competitor Analysis: GLP-1 Receptor Agonists" report to their offering.
The Competitive Intelligence Report Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 (GLP-1) Receptor Agonists as of August 2014 provides a competitor analysis in the development pipeline of novel GLP-1 analogs and GLP-1 receptor agonists and co-agonists for treatment of diabetes and obesity.
In the year 2013, the marketed daily and weekly GLP-1 agonists achieved combined sales of US$ 3,231 mln representing 6.3% of the total diabetes care market. The leading GLP-1 analog Victoza held 69% of the GLP-1 market and is further expanding its predominance in the first half of 2014 with a 72% share of the GLP-1 market which grew to 6.9% of the total diabetes care market.
The increasingly attractive GLP-1 market provides an opportunity of application of new technologies to prolong the half-life of GLP-1 analogs as well as finding co-agonists of GLP-1 receptor with additional receptors, such as insulin, glucagon, GIP, gastrin or GLP-1. In addition, expansion of indications for GLP-1 analogs will contribute to further expand the GLP-1 market.
The report provides a compilation of current active projects in research and development of novel GLP-1 analogs and GLP-1 receptor agonists as well as co-agonists.
Competitor projects are listed in a tabular format providing information on:
- Drug Codes
- Target / Mechanism of Action
- Class of Compound
- Product Category
- R&D Stage
- Additional comments with a hyperlink leading to the source of information.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Selective GLP-1 Analogs for Metabolic Diseases
- 2013 Sales of GLP-1 Analogs
- Short-Acting Injectable GLP-1 Analogs
- Long-Acting Injectable GLP-1 Analogs
- Very Long-Acting Injectable GLP-1 Analogs
- Oral Peptide-Based GLP-1 Analogs
- Other Non-Injectable Peptide-Based GLP-1 Analogs
- Oral Small Molecule GLP-1 Receptor Agonists
2. Selective GLP-1 Analogs for Non-Metabolic Diseases
3. Dual Target GLP-1 Analogs
- GLP-1 and Insulin
- GLP-1 and Glucagon
- GLP-1 and GIP
- GLP-1 and Gastrin/CCKB
- GLP-1 and GLP-2
4. Corporate GLP-1 Receptor Agonist R&D Pipelines
- Addex Pharmaceuticals
- Amylin Pharmaceuticals
- Arisaph Pharmaceuticals
- Ascendis Pharma (Complex Biosystems)
- Biocompatibles International
- Dong-A Pharmaceutical
- Eli Lilly
- Emisphere Technologies
- Faust Pharmaceuticals
- Hanmi Pharmaceuticals
- MDRNA (ex Nastech Pharmaceuticals)
- Novo Nordisk
- Oramed Pharmaceuticals
- Proxima Concepts
- Roche (& Chugai)
- Rose Pharmaceuticals (ex Gastrotech)
- Transition Therapeutics
- TransTech Pharma
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wdwv7x/competitor