CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its new Business Cloud VoIP and UC Services market size and forecasts report, which tracks hosted PBX and unified communications (UC) revenue and seats.
“While sales of premises-based PBX systems have been stagnant to declining over the past few years, the market for cloud services continues to expand with businesses worldwide seeking out hosted alternatives,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research.
Myers continues: “Hosted services seats grew more than 20 percent worldwide in 2013.”
BUSINESS CLOUD VOIP AND UC MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Hosted PBX and unified communications (UC) services are a growth market that has moved well beyond early stages, with revenue on track to grow 13% this year and positive activity in every major geographic region
- The biggest challenges for businesses evaluating hosted solutions are the wide variety of options available and inconsistent billing structures across the industry
Hosted VoIP services have hit their stride, experiencing broad
adoption among small, medium, and large enterprises
- Interest from large enterprises in hosted VoIP services is escalating, with more companies evaluating and choosing providers
- The competitive landscape for business services is highly fragmented, with an increasing number of PBX and unified communications vendors, enterprise agents, system integrators, and resellers expanding into the market along with traditional service providers
- Vendors are pitching hosted PBX and UC services alongside SIP trunking as more multi-site businesses need hybrid solutions
- Infonetics expects continued strong worldwide growth for the cloud PBX and UC market over the next 5 years, projecting it will reach $12 billion in 2018 with 62.6 million seats in service
ABOUT THE REPORT
Infonetics’ annual business cloud VoIP and UC services report provides worldwide and regional market size, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for hosted PBX (IP Centrex and hosted VoIP/IP PBX services) and unified communications telephony and applications revenue, seats, and ARPU. The report includes a Hosted PBX/UC Tracker highlighting deployments by region, service provider, and vendor platform. Service providers in the report include 8X8, AT&T, Avaya, BT, CenturyLink, Charter, Comcast, Cox, IntelePeer, Korea Telecom, Masergy, Mitel, Orange, RingCentral, Samsung Networks, ShoreTel, Sprint, Star2Star, TDS, Telecom Argentina, Telenor, Telstra, Telus, Verizon, Vodafone, Vonage, Windstream, XO, and many others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
View more report highlights and Infonetics’ webinar schedule at www.infonetics.com or download Infonetics’ 2014 market research brochure, publication calendar, tables of contents, and more at www.infonetics.com/login.
TO INQUIRE ABOUT RESEARCH, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard email@example.com +1-408-583-3335
N. A. (East, Midwest), L. America, EMEA: Scott Coyne firstname.lastname@example.org +1-408-583-3395
Greater China, SE Asia, India: 大中华区 Jeffrey Song email@example.com +86-21-3919-8505
Japan 日本 Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics firstname.lastname@example.org +81-3-6408-5566
South Korea 대한민국 Doug Moon, MBAP email@example.com +82-2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides here.