CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) (http://www.groupon.com) today announced an exclusive deal for an epic experience to attend Wiz Khalifa’s album release concert at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, Colorado. To enter, customers simply follow “Groupon.com” on Snapchat. Sometime during the next seven days Groupon will send out a snap notifying followers when the deal is live. The first person to follow the link to the deal page will be able to purchase the deal for $4.20 (FOUR DOLLARS AND TWENTY CENTS).
“Snapchat is a new way for us to offer exclusive time-sensitive deals and experiences to our customers,” said Rich Williams, Groupon’s head of global marketing. “What better way to launch our newest channel than with Wiz and one of the hottest albums of the summer?”
One lucky purchaser of the deal will receive:
- 2 front-section tickets to the Red Rocks Amphitheatre album-release show for Wiz Khalifa’s new album, “Blacc Hollywood” on Aug. 19
- Pre-show meet-and-greet with Wiz Khalifa
- Coach round-trip airfare for two from anywhere in the continental U.S. to Denver departing Monday, Aug. 18 and returning Wednesday, Aug. 20
- Two-night stay at a centrally located hotel
- Ground transportation to and from the airport to the hotel
Groupon will also feature a collection of Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood” merchandise beginning on Aug. 5, including music and apparel. To date, Groupon has sold more than 45,000 tickets for Wiz Khalifa’s “Under the Influence of Music Tour.” In addition to the Wiz Khalifa concert deal, Groupon will continue to use Snapchat to communicate with followers and broadcast exclusive deals that offer time-sensitive savings.
Rostrum/Atlantic recording artist Wiz Khalifa will release his highly anticipated third full-length label release, “Blacc Hollywood,” which includes the hit single, “We Dem Boyz,” on Aug. 19, the same day as the Red Rocks concert in Morrison, Colorado. The Grammy® Award-nominated rapper lit up the hip-hop universe with his 2011 Rostrum/Atlantic debut album, “Rolling Papers,” highlighted by the 3x platinum-certified #1 single, “Black and Yellow,” as well as the platinum-certified hits, “Roll Up” and “No Sleep.” “O.N.I.F.C.” made an incredible chart debut upon its release in 2012, arriving at #1 on Billboard’s “Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums” and “Top Rap Albums” charts, not to mention coming in at #2 on the overall SoundScan/Billboard 200. Wiz is currently headlining this year’s “Under the Influence of Music Tour.” The third annual trek features a cavalcade of hip-hop superstars including Jeezy, Atlantic recording artist Ty Dolla $ign, and many others.
For more information on Wiz Khalifa, please visit:
- twitter.com/wizkhalifa (@wizkhalifa)
Wiz Khalifa’s “Under the Influence of Music Tour” Upcoming Dates:
- Aug. 5, First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre, Tinley Park, Illinois
- Aug. 7, Klipsch Music Center, Noblesville, Indiana
- Aug. 8, Blossom Music Center, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
- Aug. 10, DTE Energy Music Theatre, Clarkston, Michigan
- Aug. 12, Verizon Wireless Amphitheater St. Louis, Maryland Heights, Missouri
- Aug. 14, Gexa Energy Pavilion, Dallas, Texas
- Aug. 15, Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion Presented By Huntsman, The Woodlands, Texas
- Aug. 17, Isleta Amphitheater, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Aug. 19, Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, Colorado
- Aug. 22, Shoreline Amphitheatre at Chula Vista, Chula Vista, California
- Aug. 23, Sleep Train Amphitheatre, Chula Vista, California
- Aug. 24, Verizon Wireless Amphitheater (Irvine Meadows), Irvine, California
- Aug. 30, Pozo Saloon, Santa Margarita, California
Groupon (NASDAQ: GRPN) is a global leader of local commerce and the place you start when you want to buy just about anything, anytime, anywhere. By leveraging the company’s global relationships and scale, Groupon offers consumers a vast marketplace of unbeatable deals all over the world. Shoppers discover the best a city has to offer on the web or on mobile with Groupon Local, enjoy vacations with Groupon Getaways, and find a curated selection of electronics, fashion, home furnishings and more with Groupon Goods.
Groupon is redefining how traditional small businesses attract, retain and interact with customers by providing merchants with a suite of products and services, including customizable deal campaigns, credit card payment processing capabilities, and point-of-sale solutions that help businesses grow and operate more effectively. To search for great deals or subscribe to Groupon emails, visit www.Groupon.com. To download Groupon's five-star mobile apps, visit www.groupon.com/mobile. To learn more about the company’s merchant solutions and how to work with Groupon, visit www.GrouponWorks.com.