NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--appFigures (#appfigures), a powerful app store intelligence platform helping developers successfully grow their business, today introduced two new products to its ever-growing portfolio: an API for public app store data and an App Reviews Engine. appFigures' Public Data API, which enables programmatic access to billions of data points from six different app store data sets, comes as an extension of the company’s existing API already used by thousands of app developers around the world. In addition, appFigures’ new App Reviews Engine is a powerful tool to manage and mine app reviews with ease. With the new engine, developers can easily identify user feedback, discover potential bugs, and truly understand what users want in order to improve their apps.
Public Data Access with the appFigures API
When it comes to data analysis at scale, ranks, app reviews and ratings are all extremely useful datasets that can enhance any business analysis, but in reality most developers and marketers are simply limited to the little bits of information app stores expose. With appFigures' new API, anyone can access those datasets programmatically - for any app in any of the major app store – by simply enabling the Public Data API add-on in their free or paid appFigures account.
With the new API, appFigures takes the concept of data-driven decision making to a whole new scale with billions of data points being collected hourly. The new API, which has been in testing for the last year is already integrated into a variety of dashboard such as Geckboard and Dash, and powers many internal dashboards and marketing systems worldwide.
“Making data more accessible is core to our philosophy," said Ariel Michaeli, CEO and co-founder, appFigures. "Providing affordable access to such valuable data sets at scale will enable data-driven decisions at levels no other platform can offer.”
Key capabilities at a glance
- REST API that speaks JSON
- Hourly and daily historic ranks for any app
- Get every app review and rating collected from all countries
- Search and get app data for nearly 4 million apps
- Hourly update top charts from all countries and categories
- Free for developers' own apps and very affordable for everyone else ($0.009/credit)
Powerful App Store Reviews Engine
With the new API's availability, appFigures also takes its new reviews engine out of beta today after months of development and testing. The new engine enables making sense of app store reviews easy with flexible filters for ratings, dates, countries and even keyword search. With these new features, developers can quickly identify bugs, ideas and even feature suggestions supplied by the most important audience - their users.
Michaeli continued: "There are a lot of reviews on the app store, and while they're a great source of intelligence for developers, they're really hard to access and make sense of. With the new engine, we aim to make it dead simple to make sense of reviews with a simple interface and loads of powerful features."
Key capabilities at a glance:
- Reviews for apps and books in a single place
- Keyword Search allows finding reviews that contain specific keywords such as “bug”, "crash", etc.
- Filter reviews by date to easily correlate reviews with an event using an intelligent date picker that can turn text into dates (ex. “last Christmas” or “last three months”)
- View Reviews From All Countries, one country, or just some
- Filter reviews by star rating for a quick drill down and feedback collection
- Read reviews in your language with support for 15+ languages
- Generate an RSS feed of reviews with filters and translation
- Export reviews to Excel, CSV or JSON
- Reviews are retrieved from the app stores multiple times per day to show you the freshest reviews
The new reviews engine is available on the site as well as the API to all paying members.
appFigures delivers actionable insights through comprehensive reports of an app’s performance in order to make better data-driven decisions. Featuring an intuitive user interface and easy-to-use tools that offer developers the flexibility to customize how their data is delivered, appFigures brings the most important app store metrics under one roof and gives developers a complete snapshot of their apps’ performance. Beautiful and powerful reports, an open API and complete security and control over private app data make appFigures the ultimate solution for app developers. For more information, visit appfigures.com.