IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Linksys®, a leading global brand in wireless networking, launched the WRT1900AC Dual Band Wi-Fi Router, the legendary successor to the WRT54G just three months ago and reviews are in from leading tech publications. PC Mag has given the WRT1900AC the coveted PC Mag Editors’ Choice Award, Maximum PC saluted it with a Kick Ass Award, Extreme Tech and TweakTown also gave it an Editors’ Choice.
“It is an honor to be given so many accolades from the best tech publications for our WRT router,” said Mike Chen, vice president product management for Linksys. “When Linksys was purchased last year the goal was to bring back the heritage of what Linksys was known for – high performance routers with the quality and features consumers expect. We will continue to innovate so we can offer even more features and build on the WRT legacy.”
This is what leading media are saying about the Linksys WRT1900AC:
- “When I tested the WRT1900AC's wireless performance with another WRT1900AC set up as a bridge, it turned in the highest throughput I've ever seen in a wireless device review: 449Mbps at 5GHz…The throughput in a home or small-business environment with fewer APs around should be phenomenal.”* – PC Mag Editors’ Choice Award
- “It’s the most powerful model on the market so far” - CNet. 1/5/14
- “…the WRT1900AC is easily the best router currently available” - Maximum PC Kick Ass Award
- “Establishes a new high in router storage sharing performance”– Small NetBuilder
- “…hardware for the most demanding prosumer Wi-Fi users.” - ZD Net 1/6/14
- “Accompanying the design, we also have excellent build quality, and one thing is for sure: this router is a beast.” - TweakTown Editors’ Choice Award
The Linksys WRT1900AC is inspired by the original WRT54G iconic blue/black stackable form factor but with a modernized spin as well as more powerful hardware such as a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor, four removable antennas (instead of the standard three) and eSata and USB 2.0/3.0 connectivity ports. The new WRT1900AC ships with Linksys Smart Wi-Fi set-up and management tools and is first to include the Network Map feature. The WRT can also be configured as a range extender or wireless bridge. Software features including Wi-Fi Scheduling and an OpenVPN-based VPN server will soon be available via a firmware download which enables users to establish a secure remote connection to the router from anywhere in the world.
Pricing and Availability
The new Linksys WRT1900AC Dual Band Wireless-AC Router is available at leading retail and online retailers and at the Linksys.com store at an MSRP of $279.99.
The Linksys brand has pioneered wireless connectivity since its inception in 1988 with its leading innovation and engineering strategies, and best-in-class technology, design, and customer service. Linksys enables a connected lifestyle for people at home, at work and on the move, and with its award-winning products, simplifies home control, entertainment, security and Internet access through innovative features and a growing application and partner ecosystem. For more information, visit linksys.com, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or watch us on YouTube.
*Reprinted from www.pcmag.com with permission. © 2014 Ziff Davis, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
BELKIN, LINKSYS and many product names and logos are trademarks of Belkin International. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.