REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Shovel Knight – Play as the eponymous Shovel Knight, a small knight with a huge quest: to defeat the evil Enchantress and search for his lost beloved. He wields a Shovel Blade, a multipurpose weapon with techniques that have been lost to the ages. Exclusively on Wii U, read in-game messages from other players or write messages of your own with Miiverse integration using the Digger’s Diary. Participate in battles between two Shovel Knights in the Nintendo 3DS exclusive StreetPass Battle Arena, a crazy battle game in which anything can happen. Click here to watch the newest trailer.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Try All Five Sports: New 48-hour Wii Sports Club Free Trial* – Baseball and Boxing are available today at 6 p.m. PT on the Nintendo eShop version of Wii Sports Club! To celebrate, we’re offering all five sports in a new 48-hour trial offer from 6 p.m. PT on June 26 until 11:59 p.m. PT on December 31, 2014. This offer is in addition to the 24-hour trial offer for first-time users of the digital version of Wii Sports Club. *Note: once game play is initiated, your trial will be available for the next 48 hours.
Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse™ – Now available on both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, take on the role of Trevor Belmont, forefather of Simon, and battle Dracula in a time long before the events of the first two Castlevania games. In addition to his trusty whip, Trevor has the ability to transform into one of three different companion spirits that he meets at various points in his quest: Syfa, a young vampire hunter capable of powerful magic; Grant, a ferocious pirate who can climb on walls; and Alucard, forgotten son of Dracula who can shoot fireballs and transform into a bat. Lead on with bravery as you overcome 17 levels of never-ending horror. Click here to watch the trailer for Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse.
Nintendo eShop Sales
- Ubisoft Summer Game Sale – Select Ubisoft Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games are on sale in the Nintendo eShop at up to 75 percent off. This offer is valid until 9 a.m. PT on July 7.
- ATLUS Games – ATLUS is discounting select games in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS, including Code of Princess and Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked. Check them out now! This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on July 7.
- Urban Trial Freestyle – Race through a wide range of urban environments in this fresh take on the action-bike-racer genre. Starting today through 9 a.m. PT on July 10, Urban Trial Freestyle is 60 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS.
- Nordic Games – For a limited time, select games from Nordic Games are on sale in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U, including Darksiders II. Visit the Nintendo eShop for full details. This offer is available until 9 a.m. PT on July 8.
- Disney’s Frozen: Olaf’s Quest – For a limited time, Disney’s Frozen: Olaf’s Quest is available at the discounted price of $19.99 in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. This offer ends at 9 a.m. PT on July 31.
Also new this week:
- BrickBlast U! (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Monkey Pirates (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- My Arctic Farm (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- My Jurassic Farm (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Cocoro - Line Defender (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Hidden Expedition Titanic (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Plain Video Poker (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Quell Reflect - Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- SKYPEACE (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Toy Stunt Bike – Full and Demo Versions (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Anne’s Doll Studio: Antique Collection (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
- Anne’s Doll Studio: Lolita Collection (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
- Anne’s Doll Studio: Princess Collection (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
- ANONYMOUS NOTES CHAPTER 4 - FROM THE ABYSS (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
- Mysterious Stars: The Samurai (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to the Nintendo eShop on the Wii U system, as well as the Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo 3DS XL systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in the Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu, http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please contact Deanna Avila at 213-438-8742 or email@example.com. Users can receive instant Nintendo information by subscribing to the site’s RSS feed.