LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Quantum Data™, a worldwide provider of video test equipment, and the HDBaseT Alliance, the cross-industry group tasked with promoting and advancing HDBaseT technology, announced today the availability of a new 780 series test instrument—the 780C Multi-Interface Interoperability Tester equipped with HDBaseT transmitter and receiver ports.
- The 780C test instrument is a portable A/V generator and analyzer that supports quick, verification testing and troubleshooting of digital video devices and video distribution networks including ultra high-definition devices with 4K-capability.
- The 780C adds HDBaseT Tx and Rx interfaces in addition to HDMI, 3G-SDI and analog ports for testing both source and sink video devices.
- Among the many HDBaseT- related applications available, professionals can conduct video functional tests of HDBaseT sources and sinks, verify video and timing from an HDMI source device through an HDBaseT distribution network, verify HDCP authentication, view sink EDIDs, test handling of EDIDs by sources and HDBaseT distribution devices, view incoming metadata packets, check cable quality and more.
- Because the 780C is equipped with both Tx and Rx digital video ports for multiple interface types—HDMI, HDBaseT and 3G-SDI—it is ideally suited for testing video devices with heterogeneous digital interface types such as HDMI/HDBaseT switches, distribution amps, converters, etc.
- The 780C can also be used to monitor hot plug events as well as HDCP transactions and EDID exchanges occurring over the Display Data Channel (DDC) between HDBaseT and/or HDMI devices.
- The 780C’s 7” touch screen features 800 x 480 resolution for operation and viewing status.
HDBaseT is the connectivity standard for residential and commercial distribution of uncompressed ultra-high-definition multimedia content. The cornerstone of HDBaseT technology is the New 5Play™, a feature set that converges audio & video, Ethernet, control signals, power and USB through a single LAN cable.
“HDBaseT installations have become common place, so it was only natural
for us to extend our handheld testing equipment to cover this
technology. Given HDBaseT’s usage of LAN cables and especially their
ability to be field terminated, a portable tester is an easy decision
for engineers and installers involved in developing devices using this
Chuck Evans, Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Quantum Data, Inc.
“As the HDBaseT Alliance celebrates more than 100 member companies, the
introduction of such portable testing equipment is a significant
addition to the ecosystem of HDBaseT products and solutions. As a
contributor member of the Alliance, Quantum Data has played a
fundamental role in the creation of the Alliance’s certification
program, and they continue to positively influence the directions we
Micha Risling, Chair of the Marketing Committee at the HDBaseT Alliance
Join the HDBaseT Alliance (booth C6035) and Quantum Data (booth C9442) at InfoComm 2014, to learn more about the 780C and new HDBaseT products.
About Quantum Data
Headquartered in Elgin, Illinois, Quantum Data, Inc. invents test instruments that help manufacturers bring next-generation video, audio, and control products to market – faster and without interoperability problems. These instruments simultaneously improve a manufacturer's time-to-market and interoperability with other manufacturer's products. Features include signal emulation, signal analysis, troubleshooting and compliance testing. Quantum Data's instruments are used in product development, certification, manufacturing, installation, and service environments. Quantum Data sells and services OEMs and resellers, as well as selling private label test instruments to other OEMs. For more information about Quantum Data please visit: www.quantumdata.com.
About the HDBaseT Alliance
The HDBaseT™ Alliance advances and promotes the adoption of HDBaseT technology as the global standard for high definition, digital connectivity. Since its founding in 2010 by LG Electronics, Samsung Electronics, Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Valens, the Alliance has brought together the leading names in the consumer electronics and professional AV market. The cornerstone of HDBaseT technology is the New 5Play™, a feature set that converges uncompressed Ultra-HD digital video, audio, 100BaseT Ethernet, power over cable, various control signals, and USB through a single LAN cable. For additional information on HDBaseT Alliance and membership benefits, visit www.HDBaseT.org.