BURLINGTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Endurance International Group (NASDAQ:EIGI), a leading provider of cloud-based platform solutions designed to help small and medium-sized businesses succeed online, today released findings from its Very Small Business (VSB) Exploration. 596 VSB subscribers within the total Endurance subscriber base completed the survey.
Endurance surveyed its subscribers to test:
- How familiar VSBs are with different social media platforms
- How they do (or don’t) monitor and maintain their accounts
- What tools or solutions they would be most interested in for their businesses.
The results showed:
- Nearly 90% of VSB survey participants currently have a social media presence on at least one social media platform (like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Google+), yet most do not have an established social media strategy.
- 71% of respondents acknowledged that when it comes to social media, “we don’t have a plan, we just publish when we feel like it” was either “somewhat true” or “very true” for their company, and one third of respondents admitted that they do not have a defined brand or company profile and they are not sure how to ‘behave’ on social media.
Michael Kesselman, EVP, Innovation and Strategy at Endurance, says, “This latest study illustrates there are opportunities for VSBs to better embrace their social media presence by revisiting how, when, and why they interact with their customers in these channels. Over a third of our respondents admitted that they do not solicit interactive engagement with followers and they do not regularly create and publish news. But, over half of those we surveyed expressed an interest in learning best practices – so it’s not that they don’t want to, they just don’t know how.”
The survey also asked about areas VSB owners would like to learn more about. Platforms surveyed VSBs most want to learn about include Instagram (25%), Twitter (25%), and Google+ (24%).
Other areas of interest for VSB owners include getting more likes or followers (64%), sharing promotional ideas with followers (43%), writing relevant content (42%) and curating relevant content to publish on social media (35%).
Copies of the responses can be found at endurance.com with Endurance releasing more learning in the coming weeks.
See why small business owners love Endurance.
About Endurance International Group
Endurance International Group is a leading provider of cloud-based platform solutions designed to help small and medium-sized businesses succeed online. Endurance serves over 3.6 million subscribers through a family of brands that includes Bluehost, HostGator, Domain.com, FatCow, iPage, BigRock and MOJO Marketplace. Endurance is headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, has a presence in Asia and the Americas, and employs over 2,600 people. Endurance provides a comprehensive suite of over 150 products and services that includes web presence and mobile sites, email and eCommerce solutions, as well as more advanced offerings, such as SEO services, scalable computing, security, storage and backup, online marketing and productivity solutions. For more information, visit www.endurance.com.
Endurance International Group and the compass logo are trademarks of The Endurance International Group, Inc. Other brand names of Endurance International are trademarks of The Endurance International Group, Inc. or its subsidiaries.