CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its 1st quarter 2014 (1Q14) Enterprise Session Border Controllers market share, size, and forecasts report, which tracks eSBC session shipments and vendor revenue.
“Cisco notched another quarter at the top of the enterprise session border controller (eSBC) market share leaderboard, turning its commanding position in enterprise voice and data solutions into an advantage as it sells its eSBCs,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research.
“There were no major shake-ups among the other leading vendors—AudioCodes, Dialogic, Ingate, Oracle, and Sonus—in terms of positioning, though Sonus put up the largest sequential revenue gain of any vendor in the first quarter of 2014,” continues Myers.
ENTERPRISE SBC MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Globally, enterprise session border controller (eSBC) revenue totaled $60.3 million in 1Q14, up 1% sequentially, but down 9% from the year-ago 1st quarter
- North America continues to be the primary region for the eSBC market, representing more than three-quarters of eSBC sales in 1Q14
- Meanwhile, businesses in other regions, particularly Europe, are accelerating adoption of SIP trunking, which will positively impact eSBC sales outside of North America over time
- Enterprises with between 101 and 5,000 employees made up the largest segment of eSBC sessions in 1Q14
- The average revenue per session for eSBCs, currently $29, is considerably lower than that of traditional VoIP-TDM gateways
- Infonetics forecasts the worldwide enterprise SBC market to grow to $433 million in 2018
eSBC REPORT SYNOPSIS
Infonetics' quarterly enterprise SBC report provides worldwide and regional market size, market share, forecasts through 2018, analysis, and trends for enterprise SBC revenue and sessions by system and business size in North America, EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), Asia Pacific, and CALA (the Caribbean and Latin America). Companies tracked: Adtran, AudioCodes, Avaya, Cisco, Dialogic, Edgewater, Ingate, InnoMedia, Oracle, Sonus Networks, Unify, others. To buy report, contact Infonetics: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
- Unified communications market up 27% from a year ago; PBX market continues to take hits
- 8x8 is #1 in hosted UC scorecard; Verizon, XO, AT&T tops in IP connectivity
- Infonetics forecasts VoIP and UC services to grow to $88B market by 2018
- Videoconferencing, collaboration show strongest growth among unified communications apps
- Enterprise SBC market grew 42% in 2013
RECENT AND UPCOMING VOICE, VIDEO, AND UC RESEARCH
- White Paper: How Much Will Cloud Unified Communications Cost? Responses to Two RFPs
- White Paper: How Much Will Cloud Unified Communications Cost? Responses to Two RFPsAnalyst Note: Alaska Gets Cloudy (May)
- Enterprise Unified Communications & Voice Equipment Forecast (May)
- Enterprise Telepresence & Videoconferencing Equipment Forecast (June)
- Business Cloud Voice & UC Services Forecast (Aug.)
- Diameter Signaling Control for LTE Networks (June 12: Attend)
- NFV: An Easier Initial Target Than SDN? (June 19: Attend)
- Shifting to the Cloud: Managing Next-Gen WLANs (July 22: Attend)
- Deploying IMS in the Cloud with NFV (View on-demand)
- The Great 802.11ac Migration: Upgrade Now, or Wait? (View on-demand)
- A Practical Guide to Preparing the Enterprise for SDN (Sponsor)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, email@example.com,
N. America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.